Author Topic: Fish fall from the sky during rain in east Texas, city reacts  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Fish fall from the sky during rain in east Texas, city reacts
« on: January 01, 2022, 01:29:41 am »
As if 2021 hasn't been quite a year already, now there are fish falling from the sky in east Texas.

Several residents in Texarkana posted pictures and videos to social media Wednesday after finding fish scattered in some unlikely places including their lawns and sidewalks.

"2021 is pulling out all the tricks… including raining fish in Texarkana today," said the City of Texarkana. "And no, this isn’t a joke."

https://www.kxxv.com/news/local-news/fish-fall-from-the-sky-during-rain-in-east-texas-city-reacts
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Fish fall from the sky during rain in east Texas, city reacts
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 01:48:04 am »
The birds and the cats are going to be happy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 08:56:24 am »
I've been to Texarkana a few times, and it's an odd place, straddling two states which had very different liquor laws at the time (1980).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 10:09:49 am »
Well, at least it wasn't frogs...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 03:40:16 pm »

YET.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 03:45:12 pm »
YET.

That happens as well.  I have personally observed both in my lifetime @roamer_1 @Smokin Joe

What happens is a thunderstorm spawns a twister that cleans out a small stream or a stock pond and distributes what was in it over a wide area.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 04:05:03 pm »
That happens as well.  I have personally observed both in my lifetime @roamer_1 @Smokin Joe

What happens is a thunderstorm spawns a twister that cleans out a small stream or a stock pond and distributes what was in it over a wide area.

Sort of like my Grandparent's barn.  Spread all over the Front 40, with much of it pinned against the treeline at the far end.

Side note:  While in the basement during the storm my Gramma discovered my Aunt had left her bicycle out of the barn, right next to it.  The bike was still there afterwards, sitting on it's quick stand.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2022, 04:11:42 pm »

How it works is of less interest than how it feels @Bigun ... Eerie... Epic... Somehow Biblical... Prophetic...
That 'step-on-your-grave' thing that science has taught us to ignore...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 05:12:55 pm »
How it works is of less interest than how it feels @Bigun ... Eerie... Epic... Somehow Biblical... Prophetic...
Yeah, well, I'm a scientist, but I don't ignore that stuff any more. it's because I am a scientist that I don't.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2022, 05:14:30 pm »
Yeah, well, I'm a scientist, but I don't ignore that stuff any more. it's because I am a scientist that I don't.

We both know how rare you are in your field.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2022, 05:22:47 pm »

Science has taught me not to ignore anything and that has served me well for going on 74 years now @roamer_1

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2022, 05:27:03 pm »
Mrs Joe had the opportunity to become a Medicine Woman.
The spiritual aspects scared her off. They are real and profound.
Every significant change in my life has been preceded by a dream.
The kind that wake you up...
Including her passing, only in that dream I was helpless to do anything.
I spoke with her on the phone a few hours before her coronary, and she sounded bright, alert, and in good spirits, and was feeling well.
So, I figured everything was okay, and prayed it was just something I ate.
Not so.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2022, 05:33:07 pm »
I spoke with her on the phone a few hours before her coronary, and she sounded bright, alert, and in good spirits, and was feeling well.
Not so.

Works that way for Mrs. Bigun as well and 53 years of marriage to her has taught me to pay attention when she tells me about her dreams.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2022, 05:36:23 pm »

I don't think @Smokin Joe is all that rare he just works in an area that does not require him to toe any lines.

Yet!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2022, 05:38:18 pm »
Science has taught me not to ignore anything and that has served me well for going on 74 years now @roamer_1

@Bigun
Science serves me well too, where it applies. But science can only study what it can see... Which often leaves it woefully inadequate.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2022, 05:40:00 pm »
@Bigun
Science serves me well too, where it applies. But science can only study what it can see... Which often leaves it woefully inadequate.

This may surprise you, but I agree with that statement entirely @roamer_1

Not ignoring ANYTHING covers a LOT of territory. Seen and unseen.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 05:43:44 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2022, 05:50:29 pm »
Not so.

Similar for me. Dreams, waking dreams, and visions. And sometimes that invades real life.
Hawks and eagles particularly.... Messengers for me. Once a wolf stepped into the trail and sat down, staring at me intently... Would not move... Took it for what it was, waived at him, and turned around, beating feet for home... In every case, portent.

Science cannot tell me why. And I do not need to know.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2022, 05:55:30 pm »

I've seen it rain frogs in East Texas, but not fish.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2022, 06:06:06 pm »
This may surprise you, but I agree with that statement entirely @roamer_1

Not ignoring ANYTHING covers a LOT of territory. Seen and unseen.

That's right... Maybe I am making too much of it... But then, maybe one should look at how an angry God has traditionally tried to get a people's attention.

Not long ago, such an occurrence would fill the churches to the brim. Just pointing that out @Bigun  happy77

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2022, 06:10:06 pm »
I don't think @Smokin Joe is all that rare he just works in an area that does not require him to toe any lines.

Yet!

I have one line to toe. Find oil, be right about where it is.
It's a neat job, in the sense that every job you get a unique chance to screw up.
Your reward for not screwing up?

Another chance... :laugh:

That's what keeps the beans on the table.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2022, 06:13:08 pm »
Lots of lakes around, and especially south and west of Texarkana.  Caddo, among them.

Fish dropping from waterspouts are pretty common.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2022, 06:15:26 pm »
Similar for me. Dreams, waking dreams, and visions. And sometimes that invades real life.
Hawks and eagles particularly.... Messengers for me. Once a wolf stepped into the trail and sat down, staring at me intently... Would not move... Took it for what it was, waived at him, and turned around, beating feet for home... In every case, portent.

Science cannot tell me why. And I do not need to know.
It was summed up eloquently in Hamlet:
"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed of in your philosophy, Horatio."

I watch critters, too.
When they don't act 'normal', it means something, if no more than they are sick.
Critters acting normal can tip a guy off to a lot, too, especially in the boonies.

I learned that before I earned any letters in science, and chose the one branch where imagination often leads to figuring things out...so far.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2022, 06:44:20 pm »
It was summed up eloquently in Hamlet:
I watch critters, too.
When they don't act 'normal', it means something, if no more than they are sick.
Critters acting normal can tip a guy off to a lot, too, especially in the boonies.

I learned that before I earned any letters in science, and chose the one branch where imagination often leads to figuring things out...so far.

Both of my maternal grandparents were very adept at predicting weather based on their observation of the behavior of the animals around them constantly. I picked that up to some degree but nothing like to their level.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 06:45:29 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2022, 06:59:48 pm »
Both of my maternal grandparents were very adept at predicting weather based on their observation of the behavior of the animals around them constantly. I picked that up to some degree but nothing like to their level.
The  lowly fly is a great indicator. They get clingy and want to get inside or in a protected area before a rain.
The worse they are, the harder it will rain.

Smoke (like from a starting piece of equipment) will curl downwind, staying low, instead of rising straight up.

Leaves on a few different species of trees will turn (flip in the breeze),, showing their undersides.

Just a few indicators to be found even under a clear sky that will indicate rain later.

I could usually tell when I lived back east, even if the sky was clear, if we'd have rain that day.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 07:00:55 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis