Author Topic: Trump’s January 6 Case Reaches The Supreme Court  (Read 490 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s January 6 Case Reaches The Supreme Court
« on: December 31, 2021, 06:25:52 pm »
Trump’s January 6 Case Reaches The Supreme Court
Carmine Sabia December 31, 2021

The Supreme Court is “on the clock” as part of the January 6 Capitol incident case has gotten to the Justices.

The House Select Committee on January 6 has asked the Supreme Court to let a lower court’s decision to allow the National Archives to turn over records from former President Donald Trump to stand, USA Today reported.

The former president has asked the court to block the sharing of records from that day, citing executive privilege.

“Although the facts are unprecedented, this case is not a difficult one,” the committee’s attorneys said in a filing with the Supreme Court on Thursday. “This Court’s review is unwarranted, and the petition for a writ of certiorari should be denied.”

The nine-member congressional committee is investigating not just Trump’s conduct on Jan. 6 — when he told a rally crowd to “fight like hell” shortly before rioters overran law enforcement officers — but also his efforts in the months before to challenge election results or obstruct a peaceful transfer of power.

The contested documents include handwritten notes about what was happening that day and call logs for Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, whose life was threatened as he oversaw Electoral College vote counting in his capacity as Senate president…

In suing to block the National Archives from turning over documents, Trump’s lawyers have said the committee has “no legitimate legislative purpose” for seeking them and granting access to the records would damage executive privilege for future presidents.

If the Supreme Court denies former President Trump’s appeal, then the lower court decision to allow for the archives to give the records would stand.

more
https://conservativebrief.com/january-57209/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump’s January 6 Case Reaches The Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 07:42:46 pm »
Does that mean we can go back and see the POTUS archives from other administrations?

Or are the Commies aiming for a one-shot deal?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 07:55:47 pm »
Does that mean we can go back and see the POTUS archives from other administrations?

Or are the Commies aiming for a one-shot deal?

Such evil we are dealing with now!   EPSTEIN..CLINTONS 26 TRIPS TO LOLITA ISLAND.....NOTHING.
Patriots, wanting a free America, are in POLITICAL JAIL.  AN EXCELLENT PRESIDENT IS NON-STOP HARASSED FOR DOING ....GOOD. JUDICIAL WATCH HAS ARTICLES ON THIS TOO. TOM FITTON. 

Sorry, me eyes and fingers are old. lol Caps got stuck and I was on a mission.   :cool:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 08:03:08 pm »

Such evil we are dealing with now!   EPSTEIN..CLINTONS 26 TRIPS TO LOLITA ISLAND.....NOTHING.
Patriots, wanting a free America, are in POLITICAL JAIL.  AN EXCELLENT PRESIDENT IS NON-STOP HARASSED FOR DOING ....GOOD. JUDICIAL WATCH HAS ARTICLES ON THIS TOO. TOM FITTON. 

Sorry, me eyes and fingers are old. lol Caps got stuck and I was on a mission.   :cool:
LOL! ( I am beginning to hate the cap lock key. I have deleted a lot because I missed the 'a'....)

That said, I wish the forum or Firefox had a 'toggle case' function like Word.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 08:03:54 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 08:06:57 pm »
LOL! ( I am beginning to hate the cap lock key. I have deleted a lot because I missed the 'a'....)

Could be worse.  I remember...

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 08:13:13 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 08:17:42 pm »
Could be worse.  I remember...

:silly:

(I actually did pop the cap lock key out of one keyboard...)

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 08:42:06 pm »
I stand by my opinion; there is no way that the SCOTUS will rule in Trump's favor.

The DEMS will continue to push and investigate until they find a way to make Trump ineligible to run for President in '24.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 08:47:32 pm »
I stand by my opinion; there is no way that the SCOTUS will rule in Trump's favor.

The DEMS will continue to push and investigate until they find a way to make Trump ineligible to run for President in '24.

Yeah, I agree the Archive records will be released.  SCOTUS won't find for Trump on this either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 08:54:49 pm »
Humpty Dumpty commission.  Stew talks about this and Epstein...after 'vaccine' issue.  VERY INTERESTING. We are so screwed with so many politicians controlled by CHINA COMMUNISM.   Trump issue is included. Jan. 6th. 

https://rumble.com/vrm6fm-live-creatures-found-in-vials-meadows-pushed-trump-to-shots-vernon-jones-co.html

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2021, 08:58:29 pm »
Humpty Dumpty commission.  Stew talks about this and Epstein...after 'vaccine' issue.  VERY INTERESTING. We are so screwed with so many politicians controlled by CHINA COMMUNISM.   Trump issue is included. Jan. 6th. 

https://rumble.com/vrm6fm-live-creatures-found-in-vials-meadows-pushed-trump-to-shots-vernon-jones-co.html
Well, it is a given that the Chinese don't want him back in office.

For starters, Milley would be out, with a number of other Chinaphiles.

C S Lewis