Author Topic: Incoming NYC mayor says he will keep de Blasio's vaccine mandates in place  (Read 195 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Incoming NYC mayor says he will keep de Blasio's vaccine mandates in place
Adams will be sworn in as mayor of New York City on New Year's Eve
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News

Incoming New York City Mayor Eric Adams says he will keep outgoing Mayor Bill de Blasio’s vaccine mandate to visit businesses in place when he is sworn in on New Year’s Eve.

"We are going to keep that in place," Adams said in a Thursday press conference when asked about de Blasio’s controversial coronavirus vaccine mandate. "We spoke with our business leaders today to let them know we’re going to keep that in place."

Adams continued, "This virus is ever moving. As we continue to look at the evolution of this virus, there will be moments when we can change some of the mandates. I would love to get to the day when we won't have children wearing masks in schools, when we won't have families needing to sit in a restaurant or visit other locations with the vaccine cards. We're going to make those adjustments based on what the science tells us when we can remove some of the mandates. And there may come a time if a new variant comes where we have to increase mandates. And so right now we're going to maintain what was put in place for the business community."

It was also announced in the press conference that Adams will leave de Blasio’s private sector employee vaccine mandate in place but will "focus on compliance, not punishment."

Additionally, Adams said that New York Gov. Kathy Hochul will be the one to determine vaccine mandates in school's and announced he will keep the city's indoor mask mandate in place.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/incoming-nyc-mayor-says-he-will-keep-de-blasios-vaccine-mandates-in-place
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Incoming NYC mayor says he will keep de Blasio's vaccine mandates in place
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 01:48:11 am »
Coward.

Offline mountaineer

This guy is proving to be every bit as corrupt and incompetent as DeBlasio.

Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Good grief. NYC Mayor Eric Adams defends appointment of his brother as NYPD deputy commissioner by saying he needs the extra security because of a rise in “white supremacy and hate crimes”. What a liar.
NYC Mayor Adams defends controversial appointments of brother and ex-cop with ties to corrupt businessman
By Shant Shahrigian
New York Daily News
Jan 09, 2022 at 11:28 AM

Mayor Adams went on the defensive Sunday over prominent appointments for his own brother and a former high-ranking cop implicated in a bribery scandal.

“Let me be clear on this: My brother is qualified for the position,” Adams told CNN’s “State of the Union” when asked about making his sibling Bernard Williams a deputy NYPD commissioner.

The mayor confirmed his brother Bernard Williams, a former NYPD sergeant, would “be in charge of my security,” pending approval from the city’s Conflicts of Interest Board.

Security “is extremely important to me in a time when we see an increase in white supremacy and hate crimes,” Adams said. “I have to take my security in a very serious way.”  ...

Asked about his appointment of Phil Banks — who abruptly resigned as the NYPD’s chief of department amid a federal corruption probe in 2014 — Adams said he was not worried about the message he might be sending.

“Phil acknowledges there were some real mistakes and errors that were made. He was not accused of a crime,” Adams said of Banks, the new deputy mayor for public safety.

Banks was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in a sweeping corruption probe that led to guilty pleas from two businessmen for bribing former Mayor de Blasio. Banks received as much as $500,000 in income from one of those businessmen, Jonah Rechnitz, though he himself was never accused of wrongdoing. ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Adams = David Dinkins II.

Offline Kamaji

Adams = David Dinkins II.

That's what it's beginning to look like.