Author Topic: CDC Director Admits Isolation Guidance Was Shortened Because Biden Admin Knows How Tired Everyone Is  (Read 347 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC Director Admits Isolation Guidance Was Shortened Because Biden Admin Knows How Tired Everyone Is Of Quarantining

Shelby Talcott
Senior White House Correspondent
December 29, 2021 11:00 AM ET

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Wednesday that new guidance shortening the isolation time for asymptomatic, COVID-positive individuals was determined based on “what we thought people would be able to tolerate.”

The CDC announced Monday that it was shortening the recommended isolation period from 10 days to 5 days for asymptomatic Americans positive for COVID-19. Following the five-day isolation period, the CDC added a recommendation of mask-wearing while around others for an additional five days.

The CDC, in its press release announcing the changes, said it was “motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after.”

Walensky mentioned “the science” again on Wednesday before elaborating on the rationale behind changing the guidance.

“It really had a lot to do with what we thought people would be able to tolerate,” Walensky told CNN. “We have seen relatively low rates of isolation for all this pandemic. Some science is demonstrating less than a third of people are isolating when they need to. And so, we want to make sure we have guidance in this moment where we were going to have a lot of disease that could be adhered to, that people were willing to adhere to, and that spoke specifically to when people were maximally infectious. So It spoke to both behaviors as well as what people were able to do.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/12/29/cdc-rochelle-walensky-isolation-guidance-biden-admin/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, that's some bad-assed science, right there, ain't it?

////00000////
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 07:11:58 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"...was determined based on “what we thought people...".

Wait!  So what I think about the jabs and how they relate to my personal care can now be deemed policy or science?
Thanks for the admission. 

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

Well, that's some bad-assed science, right there, ain't it?

////00000////

Not "science".  That is an example of "The Science" - political narrative and power dressed up in a white lab coat to make it palatable to the sheepish masses.

Offline rustynail

Anyone with a positive case should get twenty one days isolation with pay and benefits.  Those unemployed who test positive will be paid twenty five dollars an hour with benefits.  For science and safety.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is yet another accidental admission that the totalitarian fascist Democrats are shaping so called 'COVID Policies' based on how they think it will effect the midterms and not on any so called "science" or any legitimate medical concerns.

You never see a Democrat with a mask or social distancing unless they think they are being watched by the
inferior masses.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

So it's a political decision and not a medical one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

So it's a political decision and not a medical one.

:bingo:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Not "science".  That is an example of "The Science" - political narrative and power dressed up in a white lab coat to make it palatable to the sheepish masses.
Well, I was being sarcastic.

If it isn't obvious to people that the guidelines are meaningless, arbitrary, and capricious, then they just haven't figured things out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Well, I was being sarcastic.

If it isn't obvious to people that the guidelines are meaningless, arbitrary, and capricious, then they just haven't figured things out.

Or that they don’t want to figure them out.  They’d rather take the blue pill and pretend the false facade is reality.