Author Topic: The Home Depot Expands Everyday Military Discount Benefit for All Veterans  (Read 326 times)

rangerrebew

The Home Depot Expands Everyday Military Discount Benefit for All Veterans

News provided by
The Home Depot

Dec 28, 2021, 08:00 ET
Share this article

ATLANTA, Dec. 28, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Home DepotĀ® has enhanced its military discount benefit to include all U.S. veterans, active service members and spouses every day, reaffirming the company's commitment to serving the U.S. military community nationwide.

U.S. veterans, active service members and spouses who pre-register for the benefit via The Home Depot app will receive a 10 percent discount on their purchases in stores and online. Registering through the customer app not only expands the discount to online purchases beyond the stores' aisles, but also makes it faster and easier for customers to check out when utilizing the discount benefit.

Our dedication to our servicemen and women has never been stronger.

"We're proud to expand this Military Discount Benefit for families who have sacrificed so much for our country," said Ted Decker, president and COO of The Home Depot. "From our product discount to The Home Depot Foundation's commitment to veteran causes, our dedication to our servicemen and women has never been stronger."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-home-depot-expands-everyday-military-discount-benefit-for-all-veterans-301451025.html

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: The Home Depot Expands Everyday Military Discount Benefit for All Veterans
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 06:48:36 pm »
Seems odd news, my best friend a Vietnam Vet has been getting a military discount at Home Depot without restrictions for years.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 06:03:15 pm »
Seems odd news, my best friend a Vietnam Vet has been getting a military discount at Home Depot without restrictions for years.

I have been too.  I guess there some areas, probably liberal strongholds, where they weren't allowed to honor veterans.  Or maybe it has to do with being Viet Nam Vets. :shrug:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 06:10:46 pm »
I have been too.  I guess there some areas, probably liberal strongholds, where they weren't allowed to honor veterans.  Or maybe it has to do with being Viet Nam Vets. :shrug:
Dammit! I never thought to ask.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 08:50:41 pm »
"Registering through the customer app not only expands the discount to online purchases beyond the stores' aisles"

I take that to mean that previously you could only get the discount when buying in the store.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 11:24:58 pm »
Dammit! I never thought to ask.
My friend was never one to be shy about asking, as soon as he was a senior every where we went he would ask about senior specials or discounts right away, but it seems to me that it was only in the last few years he would ask about discounts for Veterans. Charlie is really special, when we went to trade shows vendors would put candy or treats out on the tables you know so people could take one or two, not my friend he would hold his bag under the edge and swipe almost all off the table. :silly: :silly:

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 12:58:41 pm »
Kind of a Halloween for seniors? 000hehehehe

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 01:50:33 pm »
My friend was never one to be shy about asking, as soon as he was a senior every where we went he would ask about senior specials or discounts right away, but it seems to me that it was only in the last few years he would ask about discounts for Veterans. Charlie is really special, when we went to trade shows vendors would put candy or treats out on the tables you know so people could take one or two, not my friend he would hold his bag under the edge and swipe almost all off the table. :silly: :silly:

LOL...  When we cleaned out my Dads house after he passed we found drawers full of unopened hotel shampoo's, conditioners, bar soaps and body lotions. In the kitchen tons of sugar/sweet n low packs, tooth pics and mints from restaurants.  In the fridge a whole crisper drawer full of those jelly packs, condiment packs and creamers.  And then there were jars full of individually wrapped straws, plastic cutlery w/ napkins and salt and pepper packs.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 08:49:57 pm »
LOL...  When we cleaned out my Dads house after he passed we found drawers full of unopened hotel shampoo's, conditioners, bar soaps and body lotions. In the kitchen tons of sugar/sweet n low packs, tooth pics and mints from restaurants.  In the fridge a whole crisper drawer full of those jelly packs, condiment packs and creamers.  And then there were jars full of individually wrapped straws, plastic cutlery w/ napkins and salt and pepper packs.
Did your dad grow up in the depression? I know my FIL would refuse to get rid of things, broken or not because he might need it or would get around to fix it some time and I know it was that depression era mentality with him. One time early on I took their family station wagon to my muffler guy for a repair and was called over to look at the car when it was up on the rack to be shown my FIL exhaust leak repair... a soup can wrapped around the pipe and secured in place with bailing wire.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 09:16:51 pm »
Did your dad grow up in the depression? I know my FIL would refuse to get rid of things, broken or not because he might need it or would get around to fix it some time and I know it was that depression era mentality with him. One time early on I took their family station wagon to my muffler guy for a repair and was called over to look at the car when it was up on the rack to be shown my FIL exhaust leak repair... a soup can wrapped around the pipe and secured in place with bailing wire.

My FIL, bless his soul, was exactly like that.  He passed first, and my MIL just passed, and now we're beginning the long slow process of cleaning out exactly that kind of stuff.

It's definitely a thing from the depression.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 09:22:34 pm »

Yes he grew up during the Depression.  He was very frugal and didn't understand why people threw perfectly good stuff away when they could be repaired.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.