Author Topic: Manchin offers to gut Trump tax cuts as atonement for killing Biden’s economic agenda  (Read 512 times)

Online libertybele

And Mitch suggested that Manchin switch sides to the GOP.  *****rollingeyes*****

Manchin offers to gut Trump tax cuts as atonement for killing Biden’s economic agenda

Sen. Joe Manchin III, under fire for killing President Biden‘s mammoth social welfare and climate change bill, is attempting to make peace with Democrats by promising to help them blow up the Trump-era tax cuts.

The West Virginia Democrat has told colleagues the divide over Mr. Biden’s $1.75 trillion Build Back Better Act should not be seen as intransigence toward big policy changes. Rather, the package’s defeat presents an opportunity for Democrats to reorient their agenda to a few key priorities.

One such priority, according to Mr. Manchin, should be the repeal of former President Donald Trump’s signature tax cuts. Democrats have long lambasted the corporate and income tax cuts as a “giveaway to the rich.”

“The only reason I even voted to [advance the Build Back Better Act] was to fix the tax [system] so that everybody paid their fair share,” said Mr. Manchin. “The ultra-wealthy, the corporations that weren’t paying anything, everyone should pay their fair share.”

Given that no Democrat voted in favor of the 2017 cuts, Mr. Manchin argues there should be wide room to haggle over exactly how much of the savings to claw back from taxpayers.

“If you’re going to negotiate, then negotiate,” he said. “Don’t start picking and choosing and playing games.”

Mr. Manchin is increasingly the target of attacks from fellow Democrats for opposing the big spending bill in the 50-50 split Senate...............

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/dec/27/manchin-offers-gut-trump-tax-cuts-atonement-killin/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You can't trust Manchin.... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Corporations don't pay taxes and the ultra wealthy already pay more than their fair share. DCP disciples are idiots. And yes Manchin is never to be trusted.

Online libertybele

Agreed.  I think he has his eyes set on running in '24.  He's gained a lot of publicity and name recognition.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Pretty sure I've been saying this all along. Joe is, and always has been, in it for Joe. Gotta keep Mrs. Joe's liquor cabinet stocked.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

This is why it would be a mistake to encourage him to switch parties.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin offers to gut Trump tax cuts as atonement for killing Biden’s economic agenda
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/dec/27/manchin-offers-gut-trump-tax-cuts-atonement-killin/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

I'm trying to understand what's the deal with Joe Manchin, what makes him tick.

Maybe he's the Democrats' version of, a mirror image of, John McCain?

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Yup.  Watch him folks 'cause he's a thoroughly dangerous man.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage.

I'll bet he has a commie flag tacked up on the wall in his garage.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

I trust no DEM especially one that McConnell is trying to convince to switch sides.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

:beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
After massive,unbelievable spedning the democrats are glad to push and demand crushing taxes from a nation Biden much put out of work, as was willing to dole out millions of dollars of money per families for committing the crimes of entering our Country illegally.  Thank a Never Trumper
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

RIP Charlie Daniels.

Offline mountaineer

Here's a little reminder for Joe Manchin of where his constituents stand and what they want. I wish he'd pay attention.

Posted on Twitter by @mappingFL

Offline mikezpen

Manchin has still done this country a huge favor opposing" Build Back Better", and opposing the "For the People" bill and Supreme Court packing. Imagine if they all passed! And don't forget Sinema who has probably wrecked her political career in opposing radical legislation.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And don't forget Sinema who has probably wrecked her political career in opposing radical legislation.

I secretly hope that's true.  She's far left, but understands the GOP will use any change in the Filibuster against the left.  See Harry Reid's brilliant idea to eliminate the Filibuster for confirming Judges.  Even that goofy Turtle warned them at the time, "Pass this and it will come back to bite you, and a lot sooner than you think."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mikezpen

Sinema's on the outs among Democrat faithful according to polls. Not Marxist enough, apparently.  If Dems keep that seat, we will miss her.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am I the only one confused as to the alleged "logic" of this?

It's making my head hurt.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Am I the only one confused as to the alleged "logic" of this?

It's making my head hurt.

Logic's easy.  He is a political strumpet, opening his goodies based on political winds.

Manchin has absolutley no regard for his constituents or this country for that matter.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Logic's easy.  He is a political strumpet, opening his goodies based on political winds.

Manchin has absolutley no regard for his constituents or this country for that matter.

Well, yeah.  Why ruin a perfectly good formula?  IOW, he'll be the way he always has been.  As a has been.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here's a little reminder for Joe Manchin of where his constituents stand and what they want. I wish he'd pay attention.

Posted on Twitter by @mappingFL

Are folks in West Virginia paying attention or is this all lost in the holiday blur?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

As a refresher, here is Heritage's score on Manchin: 0%

https://heritageaction.com/scorecard/members/M001183/117
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It seems obvious to me that he has been offered a comfortable retirement from goobermint "service",as well as a "no show" corporate board seat or two,that pays big bucks.

What the hell does he need the redneck peons of WVA for?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

It seems obvious to me that he has been offered a comfortable retirement from goobermint "service",as well as a "no show" corporate board seat or two,that pays big bucks.
What the hell does he need the redneck peons of WVA for?
He doesn't. He has never held a real job in his life, that I'm aware of - just political office - yet he's a millionaire. Funny how that works.