Author Topic: Exodus: New York State Hemorrhaging People. Over 300,000 residents left in the past year.  (Read 747 times)

rangerrebew

Exodus: New York State Hemorrhaging People

Over 300,000 residents left in the past year. Can’t imagine why.
Posted by Mary Chastain Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 07:00pm 48 Comments

The new U.S. Census Bureau data shows New York state bled over 300,000 residents (1.6% decline) from July 2020 to July 2021:

New York’s net loss of 319,020 residents is the largest single-year decline in the state’s history, according to an analysis by the Empire Center for Public Policy, an Albany research organization.

The Census Bureau statistics released Tuesday blamed most of New York’s decline on domestic migration. The state had a net loss of 352,185 residents when accounting for those who moved to and from other states.

The Empire State registered around 19.8 million people in July.

My friend Karol Markowicz is moving with her family from New York City to Florida. In a Fox News op-ed, Karol admitted the leftist policies of the state and city did not help. But the last straw is how fellow New Yorkers cowered and accepted the harsh rules during the pandemic:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/12/exodus-new-york-state-hemorraging-people/

Offline libertybele

Unfortunately, FL has been heavily laden with liberal New Yorkers. Not a good thing.  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Can't understand why any of them would be leaving the State.  They have gotten every single thing they voted for.   They should be thrilled beyond measure to witness and enjoy the utopias of their making.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

Have to find new nests to foul.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Can't understand why any of them would be leaving the State.  They have gotten every single thing they voted for.   They should be thrilled beyond measure to witness and enjoy the utopias of their making.
Because even in left-wing New York, there are plenty of red areas being oppressed by the state, and because of the hopelessness of the political situation, they flee rather than keep fighting.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Kamaji

Because even in left-wing New York, there are plenty of red areas being oppressed by the state, and because of the hopelessness of the political situation, they flee rather than keep fighting.

Exactly.  Once my children finish school here, there won't be much holding us to NY anymore, now that my in-laws have both passed.  That was really why we stayed as long as we have - continuity in a decent school and my in-laws.

Offline Hoodat

The new New York license places I see here in Georgia are usually accompanied with Biden stickers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

The new New York license places I see here in Georgia are usually accompanied with Biden stickers.

On behalf of the State of New York:  sorry.  Are those new-resident plates (i.e., people who just moved there), or visitor plates (i.e., people who are just visiting)?

Depending on the demographic of the driver, it may just be someone visiting from the 'hood.

Offline Hoodat

The ones who are recent implants into my neighborhood all have some combination of Biden or BLM messaging.  When engaging them in conversation, I always ask why they left.  I then explain why we don't have those same problems here.   It is a colossal waste of time in the grand scheme of things because they cannot help themselves to not vote for a Dem.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

The ones who are recent implants into my neighborhood all have some combination of Biden or BLM messaging.  When engaging them in conversation, I always ask why they left.  I then explain why we don't have those same problems here.   It is a colossal waste of time in the grand scheme of things because they cannot help themselves to not vote for a Dem.

Well, they obviously left for some reason, so there is some seed of discontent.  In some it may not be possible to find it; in others it might be possible to nurture it and see it, if not blossom, at least bear some fruit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Better New Yorkers go south than come here to Boston.  Their penchant for honking the horn in congrested traffic is just rude and unncessary.  If I could go faster, I would.  If I could get out of your way, I would.  Enjoy hearing all their great ideas to make your locale a better place for them to live.

Unless you are a power couple, both with advanced college degrees, living in the Northeast is unafforable.  If I hadn't bought my house in 2004, and made an effort to pay down my mortage principal to refinance for lower monthly payments, I'd have to move.

The reduction of the SALT deduction, combined with high property taxes, retired persons on fixed incomes are forced to move away.

Have fun watching everything in your area get more expensive and more obnoxious.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 05:05:56 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

California is squeaking by New York for the title of the least lovable state.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

Well, they obviously left for some reason, so there is some seed of discontent.  In some it may not be possible to find it; in others it might be possible to nurture it and see it, if not blossom, at least bear some fruit.

They came here for better jobs, lower housing costs, and higher standard of living.  Once here, they will vote to stifle the job market, raise housing costs through building and zoning regulations, and reduce standard of living through higher costs and taxes.

Logic does not apply.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

California is squeaking by New York for the title of the least lovable state.

Twenty-seven thousand people may have left New Jersey, but the majority of those who remain voted to keep in office the same people who caused 27,000 to leave.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

They came here for better jobs, lower housing costs, and higher standard of living.  Once here, they will vote to stifle the job market, raise housing costs through building and zoning regulations, and reduce standard of living through higher costs and taxes.

Logic does not apply.

Well, you have two choices: try the route of persuasion, or get used to living in Leftie-town.  Which are you going to choose?

Offline Hoodat

Well, you have two choices: try the route of persuasion, or get used to living in Leftie-town.  Which are you going to choose?

The problem lies with the State GOP.  They are perfectly willing to assist Democrats gaining office in order to settle their own political scores.

Case in point, there is a GOP State Senator from Coweta County who dared challenge the State House Speaker on some shady lawyering he did about a decade ago.  In the last election, he put the word out that Coweta voters better not re-elect this guy.  They did it anyway.  Now with the new redistricting, his district has been divided among four other districts, all of which have been redrawn with Democrat majorities.  The House Speaker did this just to punish the voters of Coweta County.

This is the kind of crap we are putting up with here.  On a level playing field, we can beat the Dems.  But with the GOP helping the Dems to lie, cheat, and steal, we are unable to offer any alternative to Republican voters.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Why not have a third choice like the leftists do to us?

Coercion.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Kamaji

Why not have a third choice like the leftists do to us?

Coercion.

Go right ahead, if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.  Just watch out for your jail cell boyfriend.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Unfortunately, FL has been heavily laden with liberal New Yorkers. Not a good thing.  **nononono*

@libertybele

It is NEVER a good thing. Wait a few years,and they will be running for public office so they can change the laws to be like the laws of NY.

I have seen it happen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

It is NEVER a good thing. Wait a few years,and they will be running for public office so they can change the laws to be like the laws of NY.

I have seen it happen.

Yikes!!! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yikes!!!

@libertybele

"Yikes!" indeed. Back when I was doing construction work on a southern beach/resort area,I got so tired of yankees telling me "how we did that back home" that I had a t-shirt made up that said "I don't give a bleep how you did it back home. Shut up and go back home!"

Within a year or two of buying a house and retiring,they were wanting to pass zoning laws that did stupid Biden like ban parking pu trucks within public view. They had to be hidden in garages so nobody would think white trash rednecks lived in $200,000 homes that SHOULD have sold for maybe $125,000. These fools paid 200 grand or more for 100 grand homes and thought they got bargains.

I once had a local cop stop me for driving through that neighborhood in my pu because it was a pu,and I didn't have a bumper sticker to indicate I lived there.

I told him it was a public road and to kiss my big red ass,and then drove away.

@libertybele

I have seen it happen.
So you think AOC being in Miami is a scouting mission for her to take her dance routine to Florida?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nah,she's just chasing bribe money,just like the rest of them,and this time of the year,all the wealthy yankees are living in Florida.

Offline MajorClay

ah shucks

if you come here, come here to vote republican.