Author Topic: Biden says he's making 500 million COVID test kits available for free but hasn't even signed a contr  (Read 811 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says he's making 500 million COVID test kits available for free but hasn't even signed a contract to buy them or set up website to order them: Johns Hopkins expert says 'that's not a plan - it's a hope'

Biden accused of issuing a 'hope' rather than a plan by Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins
    'If those tests came in January and February, that could have an impact, but if they are spread out over 10 to 12 months, I'm not sure what kind of impact it is going to have,' the expert said
    It is not even known how many tests will be immediately available or how quickly they can be shipped out
    Amazon, Walgreens and CVS this week imposed limits on how many tests each customer can buy
    Comes amid warnings that Covid could infect 140m between January and March - 60% of all Americans
    But despite the gloom the new British studies give Biden - who has promised no lockdowns - fresh optimism
    Scientists at Imperial College London found the chance of having to stay in hospital overnight 40% lower
    Second study from Scotland on Wednesday said risk of being hospitalized with Omicron was 65% less likely

By Ronny Reyes For Dailymail.Com

Published: 00:32 EST, 23 December 2021 | Updated: 07:16 EST, 23 December 2021

Joe Biden has promised to deliver 500 million Covid tests but hasn't even signed a contract to buy them or set up a website so that people can place orders.

'That's not a plan - it's a hope,' Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told The New York Time.

'If those tests came in January and February, that could have an impact, but if they are spread out over 10 to 12 months, I'm not sure what kind of impact it is going to have.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10338703/Bidens-promise-500-million-free-COVID-test-come-late-help-curb-Omicron-spread.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Why do people who are not ill get tested?

Offline Hoodat

The only non-ill people who need to be tested are jabbed people who have no SARS-2 antibodies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

For one thing, because they have to if they were potentially exposed to someone who was covid-positive.

Offline Hoodat

Biden says he's making 500 million COVID test kits available for free

Consider for a moment the market.  You have test kit manufacturers like Abbott Labs manufacturing kits as fast as possible for store shelves.  Yet now, the government drops a 500 million order in their laps.  Guess what happens?  No more Abbot kits available in stores any more.

Manufacturers are having problems meeting demand as it is.  Yet demand is about to increase by 500 million. Idiots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Consider for a moment the market.  You have test kit manufacturers like Abbott Labs manufacturing kits as fast as possible for store shelves.  Yet now, the government drops a 500 million order in their laps.  Guess what happens?  No more Abbot kits available in stores any more.

Manufacturers are having problems meeting demand as it is.  Yet demand is about to increase by 500 million. Idiots.

Exactly.

Offline Kamaji

The only non-ill people who need to be tested are jabbed people who have no SARS-2 antibodies.

Depends on what one means by "need".  At work, I was in close proximity to someone who, immediately thereafter, came down with symptoms and tested positive for covid-19.  In order to be able to come back to the office, I had to provide a negative covid test.  In other words, I "needed" a test result to continue my employment.  It had nothing to do with whether I was sick, or otherwise feeling symptoms.

Offline Hoodat

Depends on what one means by "need".  At work, I was in close proximity to someone who, immediately thereafter, came down with symptoms and tested positive for covid-19.  In order to be able to come back to the office, I had to provide a negative covid test.  In other words, I "needed" a test result to continue my employment.  It had nothing to do with whether I was sick, or otherwise feeling symptoms.

Is the same policy in effect for jabbed people?  In other words, if you had proof of being "fully vaccinated [sic]", would you still have had to undergo testing?

My own company has a policy in effect that if unjabbed workers travel on a plane, then they are not allowed in the office for the next ten days unless they get a negative test result.  But jabbed workers can return to the office immediately without having to take a test.  To me, this makes no sense.

Offline Kamaji

Is the same policy in effect for jabbed people?  In other words, if you had proof of being "fully vaccinated [sic]", would you still have had to undergo testing?

My own company has a policy in effect that if unjabbed workers travel on a plane, then they are not allowed in the office for the next ten days unless they get a negative test result.  But jabbed workers can return to the office immediately without having to take a test.  To me, this makes no sense.

In terms of testing after potential exposure?  Yes.

Offline EdinVA

My daughter works for a company that does covid test kits and test analysis and she just told me the ran 700 tests yesterday and had 57 positives...less than 10% but the most they every had in a single day.

Offline Kamaji

My daughter works for a company that does covid test kits and test analysis and she just told me the ran 700 tests yesterday and had 57 positives...less than 10% but the most they every had in a single day.

Probably picking up on omicron infections.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Anyone testing for the seasonal flu?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Anyone testing for the seasonal flu?
Took my mom to Kaiser on Monday and they were pushing flu shots like crazy, when they asked me If I wanted one I asked them why in the world I would get a flu shot since Covid had killed the flu? That's when they said "the flu is just as deadly as Covid". I not sure but I they they were offended that I laughed so long and hard.

Offline Hoodat

With all this talk about test shortages, here is a rundown of how many tests each State has used per case load:

State Tests per Case
Vermont       46.4
Massachusetts       33.9
District Of Columbia       32.5
Rhode Island       29.9
Hawaii       29.5
Maine       29.1
Connecticut       27.9
New York       26.8
Maryland       24.8
Alaska       24.4
California       23
Illinois       21.4
Oregon       20.8
New Hampshire       20
New Mexico       16.4
Minnesota       16.1
Colorado       15.7
Louisiana       15.3
USA Total       15.1
West Virginia       15
Virginia       14.9
South Carolina       13.8
Indiana       13.6
Kentucky       13.3
Nebraska       13.3
North Carolina       13.2
Michigan       12.5
Missouri       12.3
Utah       12.3
Iowa       12.3
Wisconsin       12.1
Washington       12
Nevada       11.9
Florida       11.6
Montana       11.5
New Jersey       11.5
Arizona       11.4
Texas       11.1
Georgia       10.8
Pennsylvania       10.8
Wyoming       10.4
Arkansas       10.4
South Dakota       10.2
Ohio       10
Mississippi       8.5
Tennessee       8.1
Idaho       7.6
Alabama       7.4
Oklahoma       6.9
Delaware       5.4
Kansas       3.9
North Dakota       3.3

Winner:  Most paranoid State - Vermont

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I had to cut/paste this recent quote from Fauxci concerning the event where Trump was booed for vaccine support.  Your mouth will drop from shock from the incredible level of arrogance and condescension :

“I was a bit dismayed when former President Trump came out and made that statement, and his followers booed him, which I was stunned by that,” the chief White House medical adviser replied. “I mean, given the fact of how popular he is with that group, that they would boo him, which tells me how recalcitrant they are about being told what they should do.”

This scope of tyranny can not go unanswered!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

which tells me how recalcitrant they are about being told what they should do.”

Being told what one should do is one thing.  Being forced to do so under threat of imprisonment is an entirely different matter.  Fascists like Fauci are pushing the latter.

Took my mom to Kaiser on Monday and they were pushing flu shots like crazy, when they asked me If I wanted one I asked them why in the world I would get a flu shot since Covid had killed the flu? That's when they said "the flu is just as deadly as Covid". I not sure but I they they were offended that I laughed so long and hard.

Good for you!    88devil

Offline mountaineer

I had to be tested and produce a negative result before having my surgery last May. Now I'm facing another surgery. Wanna bet this time they'll insist I get jabbed? (It's already postponed indefinitely because the hospital isn't scheduling "elective" surgeries).
 9999hair out0000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

I had to be tested and produce a negative result before having my surgery last May. Now I'm facing another surgery. Wanna bet this time they'll insist I get jabbed? (It's already postponed indefinitely because the hospital isn't scheduling "elective" surgeries).
 9999hair out0000

Good luck.  It seems like this Insanity will never end.

Offline mountaineer

Good luck.  It seems like this Insanity will never end.
I wonder. I may be paralyzed before it does.

Offline LadyLiberty

International travel. I did it in May and November of 2021.

Offline Hoodat

I am attending a wedding ceremony on Tuesday, and the venue requires a negative Covid test.  So I had to hit three drug stores before finding one that had rapid at-home tests.  It pisses me off so much that I have to do this, a part of me would be relieved to test 'positive'.  Anyway, in the face of a shortage, I am wasting three tests on my asymptomatic family.

Offline mountaineer

As I've mentioned, my musician sister had to apply for a medical and religious exemption from the vax from her employer, and it was more or less granted. She still has to show a negative test before every performance, apparently, and wear a mask throughout.

The home Covid test she's using indicates positive or negative by means of a color change, similar to a pregnancy test. The employer seems satisfied if she just texts a photo of the test swab indicating the "negative" color. Having discovered the color doesn't fade, she and one of her unvaccinated coworkers now photograph the exact same used test swab every time they  have to send it to the employer. She just moves the swab around the house for a new photo, so they don't catch on it's the same picture she sent last week.  This week, the bathroom sink, next week the kitchen table. :laugh:

Offline Kamaji

As I've mentioned, my musician sister had to apply for a medical and religious exemption from the vax from her employer, and it was more or less granted. She still has to show a negative test before every performance, apparently, and wear a mask throughout.

The home Covid test she's using indicates positive or negative by means of a color change, similar to a pregnancy test. The employer seems satisfied if she just texts a photo of the test swab indicating the "negative" color. Having discovered the color doesn't fade, she and one of her unvaccinated coworkers now photograph the exact same used test swab every time they  have to send it to the employer. She just moves the swab around the house for a new photo, so they don't catch on it's the same picture she sent last week.  This week, the bathroom sink, next week the kitchen table. :laugh:

Beating "The Man" at its own game!  She should periodically get a new one, just in case.