Author Topic: Chicago mayor calls for federal help to fight violent crime  (Read 607 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago mayor calls for federal help to fight violent crime
« on: December 21, 2021, 03:54:07 pm »
Chicago mayor calls for federal help to fight violent crime
By Monique Beals - 12/21/21 08:41 AM EST

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) is calling for federal officials to help her curb gun violence in the city and target its root causes.

In a speech on Monday, Lightfoot urged U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland to utilize agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to address illegal firearms and for more prosecutors to bring criminal cases, according to The Chicago Tribune.

“Keeping you safe is my priority — not one of, but the first and primary priority,” Lightfoot said to the citizens of Chicago. “I wake every morning with this as my first concern and I push myself and all involved to step up and do more and better because we cannot continue to endure the level of violence that we are now experiencing.”

The mayor also requested that judges in Cook County stop releasing people charged with violent crimes including murder, aggravated gun possession, sex crimes, illegal gun possession and kidnapping on electric monitoring, the Tribune noted.

The solutions proposed by Lightfoot, none of which are new strategies, were reportedly criticized as "regressive" and “clearly unconstitutional.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/586706-chicago-mayor-calls-for-federal-help-to-fight-violent-crime
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Chicago mayor calls for federal help to fight violent crime
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 03:56:04 pm »
So, Ms. Lightfoot - you screwed it up, and now you expect the rest of us to pay to fix it?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 09:28:29 pm »
Seems to me that Trump offered Beetlejuice federal aid and she not only turned him down but insulted him, oh how the worm has turned.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 02:05:47 pm »
Seems to me that Trump offered Beetlejuice federal aid and she not only turned him down but insulted him, oh how the worm has turned.

Yup.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 03:39:09 pm »
Chicago 911 Dispatcher Blows the Whistle on Mayor: 'All Hell Has Broken Loose'
 By Abby Liebing, The Western Journal
 December 28, 2021 at 2:35pm

According to a 911 dispatcher in Chicago, violent crime has gotten worse throughout the city, and he blames the city’s leadership and the citywide staffing shortages.

Keith Thornton told “Fox & Friends” that first responders are being overworked as a “massive” amount of crime is taking place in the city at “all hours of the day.”

“All hell has broken loose,” Thornton said.  ...

However, Thornton blamed the leadership for violence throughout Chicago.

He noted that during the Trump administration, Lightfoot neither “acknowledged” nor “wanted” federal help to address the violence, Fox reported.  ... Independent Journal Review
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 12:22:36 am »

That she did

Now her constituents are paying the price
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 12:23:02 am »
Before her term is done, I predict Lightfoot has some kind of meltdown
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 12:26:45 am »
I'm sure Joe and Company will get things calmed down.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 04:10:01 am »
I hope no help...till Karma eliminates lightfoot.  Like don lemon, she is gay and has a white partner, while defending BLM.  Supporting all thugs.