Author Topic: Biden to mobilize military to hospitals for omicron winter surge  (Read 396 times)

rangerrebew

Biden to mobilize military to hospitals for omicron winter surge
« on: December 21, 2021, 01:16:08 pm »
Biden to mobilize military to hospitals for omicron winter surge

Federal government to set up vaccination clinics, deploy more rapid tests to fight variant's spread

By Emily Kopp
Posted December 21, 2021 at 7:13am

President Joe Biden plans to send medically trained military to hospitals this winter as they prepare for the possibility that the omicron variant of the coronavirus could drive one of the darkest chapters of the pandemic yet.

Biden is expected to announce in a speech Tuesday afternoon the deployment and other steps to shore up hospitals threatened with a surge in cases driven by the omicron variant.

[Burnout among pharmacists slows COVID-19 booster shots]

The federal government will also purchase half a billion rapid tests to be available beginning in January and will once again tap the Federal Emergency Management Agency to stand up vaccination clinics, as Biden faces a race against the omicron variant spreading like wildfire across the United States and a growing death toll that has already outpaced the pandemic’s first year.

New Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data suggest omicron grew from about 1 percent of cases in early December to 73 percent of cases in the U.S. two weeks later. The variant makes up over 90 percent of cases in several regions across the country. That’s a faster rate than even some virologists and epidemiologists predicted.

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/12/21/biden-to-mobilize-military-to-hospitals-for-omicron-winter-surge/

rangerrebew

Re: Biden to mobilize military to hospitals for omicron winter surge
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 01:19:49 pm »
Here I thought with China and Russia kicking up their heels to take more territory, the military would be on full preparedness for possible combat.  I'm not saying becoming pseudo nurses and custodians isn't worthwhile but I am saying saving the country has my vote as a higher priority. :pondering:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 02:12:33 pm »
So when are we going to be informed as to what percentage of current cases are among the fully-vaccinated?

How else are Americans, most of whom are currently vaccinated, to intelligently judge the current risk to themselves and to their families?

Instead, all we hear are threats and bluster and contradictory advisories, none of which serves to educate or build confidence in our medical or governmental authorities.

Hmm. It's almost as though they don't want us to understand what is actually going on...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 02:29:28 pm »
the possibility that the omicron variant of the coronavirus could drive one of the darkest chapters of the pandemic yet.

Are you effing kidding me?  The weakest, least virulent, variant to-date (and no doubt, even weaker to come), and that is going to be the "darkest chapter"?

Total politically motivated fear pron.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 02:37:57 pm »
So when are we going to be informed as to what percentage of current cases are among the fully-vaccinated?

How else are Americans, most of whom are currently vaccinated, to intelligently judge the current risk to themselves and to their families?

Instead, all we hear are threats and bluster and contradictory advisories, none of which serves to educate or build confidence in our medical or governmental authorities.

Hmm. It's almost as though they don't want us to understand what is actually going on...

Also, how about some believable figures on how many of these cases are mere technical positives, how many present with mild symptoms only, and how many present with sufficiently severe symptoms that hospitalization is objectively mandatory (not merely subjectively desirable because it pimps up the false political narrative).

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 03:26:04 pm »
Are you effing kidding me?  The weakest, least virulent, variant to-date (and no doubt, even weaker to come), and that is going to be the "darkest chapter"?

Total politically motivated fear pron.

Yup!   9999hair out0000

Where is the plan to mobilize production and distribution of anti-virals and monoclonal antibody drugs??????????????

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 03:27:43 pm »
Yup!   9999hair out0000

Where is the plan to mobilize production and distribution of anti-virals and monoclonal antibody drugs??????????????

Exactly.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 03:28:50 pm »

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/12/21/fact-sheet-president-biden-announces-new-actions-to-protect-americans-and-help-communities-and-hospitals-battle-omicron/

Wow.  A total of about 1,100 military personnel are being mobilized to the states.  So, that's about 22 individuals per state.  In other words, nothing but optics, political propaganda, and fear pron.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2021, 03:39:53 pm »
Omicron has been described all over the world as nothing but a common cold. But, there is still Pi cron waiting in the wings with Rhoicron right behind.

Trust me on this ... the Democrats are begging China for a more deadly strain.
They have to shut down the midterms no matter what, no matter how many people die.
The whole Democrat plan is to make 'in person' voting illegal. If they have to kill a few thousand people along the way, well ... that is just the price of victory for them. Just ask Fauci. He is an expert at letting people and helpless animals die for his own personal profit. He's been doing it for decades.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 03:41:33 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2021, 03:40:29 pm »
Omicron has been described all of the world as nothing but a common cold.But, there is still Pi cron waiting in the wings with Rhoicron right behind.

Trust me on this ... the Democrats are begging China for a more deadly strain.
They have to shut down the midterms no matter what, no matter how many people die.
The whole Democrat plan is to make 'in person' voting illegal. If they have to kill a few thousand people along the way, well ... that is just the price of victory for them. Just ask Fauci. He is an expert at letting people and helpless animals die for his own personal profit. He's been doing it for decades.

Quite possibly.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2021, 04:09:40 pm »
Shreveport and Fresno?  :rolling:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2021, 08:30:36 pm »
When is Biden going to dispatch the military to the border to stop all the infected leaches from flooding the the nation?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2021, 08:33:39 pm »
When is Biden going to dispatch the military to the border to stop all the infected leaches from flooding the the nation?

He won't. He's too busy making sure that we obey his dictatorial demands.  Military to the hospitals for a variant that is less symptomatic than Delta which is less symptomatic than the original?  IMO he's sending the military for other purposes. 

I don't trust Joe for a second and I am not looking forward to what he has in store for us in the coming year.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2021, 08:34:50 pm »

Good question.

Offline DB

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2021, 08:40:51 pm »
It would seem pretty damn likely the bulk of the "unvaccinated" have natural immunity to Covid and many of its variants after being exposed to many of them over the last two years.

The "vaccinated" on the other hand seem to be getting sick in large numbers.

When is this charade going to end?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2021, 08:56:09 pm »
Shreveport and Fresno?  :rolling:

If I had some type of disease like this, and someone offered me a free trip to Shreveport for a cure, I would politely decline and take my chances at home.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-