Author Topic: Ever wondered what a catapult shot looks like from the cockpit of a T-45 Goshawk? Here’s the HUD tap  (Read 80 times)

rangerrebew

Ever wondered what a catapult shot looks like from the cockpit of a T-45 Goshawk? Here’s the HUD tape.

Rob Roy is a former Naval Aviator who flew the C-2A Greyhound with the “Rawhides” of VRC-40. In the past we have posted several interesting clips Rob has filmed (and posted to Youtube) during his career aboard the COD (Carrier Onboard Delivery) aircraft, including some cool split screen videos (one those showing him not even blinking on approach to the carrier and another one that included a bolter and a waveoff).

The footage in this post was filmed earlier, in 2013, as he achieved carrier qualification (CQ) in the T-45 Goshawk, a tandem-seat, carrier capable, jet trainer whose mission is to train Navy and Marine Corps pilots since 1991.

“The first time I ever even stepped foot on an aircraft carrier is when I landed on it, ha! But we flew out to the boat in a division (flight of 4), with the lead pilot being an instructor pilot and the other three were all SNAs (student naval aviators). After my first two touch n’ go’s on the boat, they had me put my tail hook down for my first trap (out of 10 required traps to successfully CQ),” Rob told us in a message.

https://theaviationist.com/2021/12/20/first-catapult-shot-t-45-video/