Author Topic: Stephanie Murphy Says She Won’t Seek Reelection In 2022  (Read 267 times)

Offline Hoodat

Stephanie Murphy Says She Won’t Seek Reelection In 2022
« on: December 20, 2021, 11:13:31 pm »
Stephanie Murphy Says She Won’t Seek Reelection In 2022

Andrew Trunsky  |  20 Dec 2021

Florida Democratic Rep. Stephanie Murphy said Monday that she would not seek reelection in 2022.

Her coming retirement, first reported by Politico, is a blow to Democrats’ moderate wing; Murphy flipped an Orlando-based GOP seat in 2016 and rose to lead the centrist Blue Dog Coalition.

“It’s been a real honor for me to serve in Congress, but it does come at a personal sacrifice,” Murphy told Politico. “My time away has been hard on my family and my kids and on me.”

The third-term congresswoman, a member of the Jan. 6 Select Committee who was rumored to potentially challenge Republican Sen. Marco Rubio in 2022, did not rule out a run for future office.  .  .  .

https://www.tampafp.com/stephanie-murphy-says-she-wont-seek-reelection-in-2022/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Re: Stephanie Murphy Says She Won’t Seek Reelection In 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 01:50:29 pm »
"It's come at a personal sacrifice" but she "did not rule out a run for future office".

I call bull.  She sees the writing on the wall and wants to abandon a sinking ship.

Online cato potatoe

Re: Stephanie Murphy Says She Won’t Seek Reelection In 2022
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 03:04:00 pm »
The legislature is probably going to make her marginal district less blue, or stretch it northeast and flip it red.  Two safe blue districts will be centered around Orlando.