Author Topic: Is the cure for America’s ‘next war-itis’ a military culture shift?  (Read 70 times)

rangerrebew

Is the cure for America’s ‘next war-itis’ a military culture shift?
By Daniel Langhorne, The War Horse
 Dec 19, 12:28 PM

Editors Note: This article first appeared on The War Horse, an award-winning nonprofit news organization educating the public on military service. Subscribe to their newsletter.

As Conrad Crane got ready for a date one Friday night in 1975 while stationed at Homestead Air Force Base, Florida, he received a call from the commander of his Nike Hercules missile battery. The CO wanted to conduct a surprise inspection of the barracks with drug-sniffing dogs.

Expecting some debauchery three days before payday, Crane, a platoon leader and battery executive officer at the time, unsuccessfully tried to convince the commander to call off the inspection. He refused.

“The Air Force drug dogs had so many alerts in the first three rooms that they burned out their olfactory nerves, and the Air Force had to put them down,” says Crane, a retired Army lieutenant colonel and chief of historical services and support at the U.S. Army War College.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/12/19/is-the-cure-for-americas-next-war-itis-a-military-culture-shift/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Is the cure for America’s ‘next war-itis’ a military culture shift?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 03:48:30 pm »
Sounds like they are trying to find new justifications to maintain their war-sized budgets during peace time to avoid a repeat of the 1990s "Peace Dividend" reductions in force.

There was no mention of asymmetrical warfare units focused upon subterfuge and sabotage.

To win a total war, you also need to attack your opponent's economy, poltical system, popular perception, labor force, and other non-traditional military targets.

Most aggressor's attack with a plan that requires quick, complete victory.  They are not necessarily equipped to withstand a prolonged war of attrition, starvation, and economic decimation.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.