Author Topic: Kinzinger: DOJ Needs to Look into Charging Trump — A Former President Is ‘Not Untouchable’  (Read 432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kinzinger: DOJ Needs to Look into Charging Trump — A Former President Is ‘Not Untouchable’

Pam Key 19 Dec 2021

Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” the Department of Justice should investigate former President Donald Trump for his role in the Capitol riot on January 6.

During a congressional hearing, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) said, “Mr. Meadows’ testimony will bear on another key question before this committee. Did Donald Trump, through action or inaction, corruptly seek to obstruct or impede Congress’ official proceedings to count electoral votes?”

Guest host Jon Karl asked, “I know Congress doesn’t have the power to prosecute. That’s the Justice Department. But what Congresswoman Cheney just described there is a crime under the U.S. Criminal Code. It is a crime to obstruct the official proceedings of Congress. Is she there sending a message, and are you sending a message that the Justice Department should be prosecuting not just those that broke into the building on January 6, but should be prosecuting Donald Trump himself or at least investigating that possibility?”

Kinzinger said, “I think investigating that possibility for sure. You know, Congress, I think in this case our committee is getting more information than law enforcement agencies and DOJ because we have had the power and the ability to get that done. So whatever information we get will be public record and the DOJ should take a look. Particularly if there’s criminal charges to be filed.”

He added, “Again, the big thing is as bad as it was on January 6. There’s really nothing in place to stop another one from happening again. If somebody broke the law, it is so essential that we send the message that you are not untouchable as president, you’re not untouchable as a former president, so just go and do your job honorably. I think that’s the only way self-governance survives in the future.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12/19/kinzinger-doj-needs-to-look-into-charging-trump-a-former-president-is-not-untouchable/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Guest host Jon Karl asked, “I know Congress doesn’t have the power to prosecute. That’s the Justice Department. But what Congresswoman Cheney just described there is a crime under the U.S. Criminal Code. It is a crime to obstruct the official proceedings of Congress. Is she there sending a message, and are you sending a message that the Justice Department should be prosecuting not just those that broke into the building on January 6, but should be prosecuting Donald Trump himself or at least investigating that possibility?”

The official proceedings of Congress were never obstructed.  Nice try though.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Shouldn't this jackass be looking for a job?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Shouldn't this jackass be looking for a job?

As far as I'm concerned he should be viewing his world from behind some gray bars!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

Then ALL OF CONGRESS...is not untouchable either....IDIOT.  And that means,  BUSH, BOTH CLINTONS, AND BOTH OBAMAS. 

PRECEDENT.   These people aren't very smart, just  EVIL! 

Offline LegalAmerican

As far as I'm concerned he should be viewing his world from behind some gray bars!

Yes.   888high58888

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am I the only one wondering what Bubba and Bubbette think about that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

Am I the only one wondering what Bubba and Bubbette think about that?

you mean Clintons?  and obamas and Bush?  ALL FORMER.