Author Topic: Texas starts building Trump-sized border wall  (Read 727 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas starts building Trump-sized border wall
« on: December 18, 2021, 03:31:21 pm »
Texas starts building Trump-sized border wall
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 | December 18, 2021 07:00 AM

AUSTIN, Texas — The state has broken ground on a border wall project intended to stop illegal immigration along the Mexican boundary, marking an extravagant gesture in an attempt to defend its borders as Washington remains idle.

The go-it-alone effort is meant to deter mass migration to and through Texas after a year that saw more people come across between ports of entry than during any year in the Border Patrol’s 97-year existence.

“We're actually breaking ground and sending a message more importantly to the federal government that if you're not going to do your job, Texas will,” Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush said in an interview.

“We are a can-do people — a resilient people," Bush said. "We know when we're being stiffed, and in this case, it's this blatant disregard for enforcing federal immigration law.”

Construction began this week in Rio Grande City, a small town in southeastern Texas. Republican Gov. Greg Abbott will announce the project during a press conference slated for Saturday. The wall will be at least 18 feet tall and stretch two miles.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/texas-starts-building-trump-sized-border-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MajorClay

Re: Texas starts building Trump-sized border wall
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 03:43:32 pm »
Two miles?  Just a jesture. P is running for higher office. Abbott is trying to get re elected.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 12:40:53 am »
Two miles?  Just a jesture. P is running for higher office. Abbott is trying to get re elected.

I don't know, I've always seen Abbott as having TX's best interest. "P", he's a Bush and I don't expect anything.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 03:28:16 pm »
Joe Biden would rather let border wall materials rot on the ground than sell them to Texas

Joe Biden doesn't want to build a border wall. We all know that, he says as much, and he's been captured by the vast open borders industrial complex.

One problem for Joe, though: That dereliction of duty has driven his poll numbers straight into the toilet. His public approval is falling, with disapproval of his handing of the border crisis now at an all-time high. Longtime Democrat Hispanic strongholds in south Texas are now turning red, and the illegals are surging on in.

Amazingly, he doesn't seem to have the wherewithal to fix that problem. He's got a partially built border wall in posession now, and a lot of building materials for it, paid for by U.S. taxpayers for millions of dollars, rotting on the ground, like this is some third-world country that ran out of cash before finishing its project.

Instead of fix that, and quietly sell the materials to someone else who will finish the wall, he's creating problems:
https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1472324616702115842?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1472324616702115842%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.americanthinker.com%2Fblog%2F2021%2F12%2Fspite_joe_biden_would_rather_let_border_wall_materials_rot_on_the_ground_than_sell_them_to_texas_to_build_its_own.html
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/12/spite_joe_biden_would_rather_let_border_wall_materials_rot_on_the_ground_than_sell_them_to_texas_to_build_its_own.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 07:35:31 pm »

Something, better than nothing.  We know, no deterrent is perfect.  Just saying. I prefer a positive outlook. The glass is half FULL. 
P.S.  It does provide a few with JOBS.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 07:36:35 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 10:45:19 pm »
Comrade Texan Briefers...
What's that phrase you use down there?
"All hat and no cattle" ??

A border wall two miles long ... in Texas...?
Heck, that ain't even much of a hat.

Put up 100, 200 miles, then start talkin' about it...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 11:15:50 pm »

That 2 miles of fence is nothing, but perhaps it is connecting to another portion of fence.  If I recall the $$ to finish to fence was there, only Joe has decided to use the $$ elsewhere.

This is so absurd and ridiculous, considering the Secure Fence Act  of 2006 was passed by both Houses and signed into law by 'W'., it has just never been fully funded thanks to a do-nothing Republican Congress.  I can't blame the DEMS as the GOP had the majority in both Houses for a couple of years and a couple of those years was under Trump.  Yes, we can thank Lyin' Ryan as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 01:40:41 am »

you do not understand where this is being built.

47,000 crossed this two mile stretch.  Fence will block a super highway of illegals making it a lot more difficult.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 01:50:19 am »

47,000 crossed this two mile stretch.  Fence will block a super highway of illegals making it a lot more difficult.

So if it gets built, will that 47k just walk/hitchhike 2 miles more?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 02:03:12 am »

:thumbsup:

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 03:35:42 pm »
So if it gets built, will that 47k just walk/hitchhike 2 miles more?
With difficulty.

Consider the increased difficulty and decreased traffic driving a FM road vs an interstate highway

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2021, 05:28:50 pm »
I sailed wrote:
"With difficulty.
Consider the increased difficulty and decreased traffic driving a FM road vs an interstate highway"

Many (most) of these migrant/invaders walked hundreds of miles to get to the border.
Walking two more miles isn't going to phase them.

I stand by my post above.
"Two miles of wall" is a nothingburger -- all hat and no cattle.
It will stop none of them.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2021, 05:47:01 pm »
Can companies by advertising space on the wall?  It would be a perfect place for comfortable footwear companies, like Dr. Scholl's, to advertise their fine products.  An extra two miles means more achy feet.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2021, 06:06:25 pm »
I sailed wrote:
"With difficulty.
Consider the increased difficulty and decreased traffic driving a FM road vs an interstate highway"

Many (most) of these migrant/invaders walked hundreds of miles to get to the border.
Walking two more miles isn't going to phase them.

I stand by my post above.
"Two miles of wall" is a nothingburger -- all hat and no cattle.
It will stop none of them.
Then you certainly do not know about the immigration problems at hand.

It is impossible to prevent a breakin by a thief.  One tries to limit it from happening by putting barriers to make it difficult.

The way you talk you had rather do nothing that to begin doing something.  And that is simply insane.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2021, 06:14:42 pm »
What about a wildlife conservation project to restore the Rio Grande Crocodile, the Rio Grand Bull Shark, and the Rio Grande Piranha to their native habitat in the Rio Grande River?

Libs won't oppose wildlife conservation.  They love wildlife more than human beings.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2021, 08:21:58 pm »
Then you certainly do not know about the immigration problems at hand.

It is impossible to prevent a breakin by a thief.  One tries to limit it from happening by putting barriers to make it difficult.

The way you talk you had rather do nothing that to begin doing something.  And that is simply insane.

Totally agree. In addition, there are funding issues, federally/privately owned land issues and terrain issues.

If anger or derision is to be expressed....maybe it should go in the proper direction...the Feds.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2021, 11:41:11 pm »
I sailed wrote:
"The way you talk you had rather do nothing that to begin doing something.  And that is simply insane."

I was advocating the construction of a physical wall between the United States and Mexico twenty years before most posters in this forum even thought of it.

Before Pat Buchanan.
Before "the internet" -- back in "the AOL issues forum" days.

OK, I reached back into my personal archives and pulled something out for you to read. It was written by me and posted to the Issues forum on AOL on November 16, 1995:
========
Orchidea -
RE your posting:       
<< I doubt whether Mr. Potato Famine's idea of a "Great Wall" would work given the sucess rate of the Asian one.     So, watch out, the Visigoths are at the gates!!! >>

Fences make for good neighbors.
  And they *do* work, provided they are long enough, tall enough, strong enough, solid enough.
  Should we go so far as to rely on a physical "barrier" to protect our southern border?
  There are two possible avenues of thought to consider...

The first is that we should do nothing to halt the onslaught of multicultural values pouring into our society. Nor should we act to halt the inflow of "multicultural folk", particularly through our notoriously porous southern border, but also into our ports and airports. The relentless pressure this wave of non-assimilating immigrants, legal and illegal, places against our traditional economic/value systems can be resisted only so long. Eventually, like osmosis, it may permeate and corrupt entire regions of this country to the point where they no longer resemble the traditional "America" of our [past] consciousness.

The alternative scenario demands that we take concrete and definitive steps to protect our borders and our culture.
  We must realize that there are certain, fortunate nations on this planet that have the advantage of "natural barriers" in their defense against outside pressures. Some that come to mind immediately are Japan, New Zealand, Great Britain, Australia. Because of the fact that all of these nations are are islands, they can protect themselves, *IF* they muster the national will to do so. Great Britain could not have successfully resisted the Nazis in 1940 without this "God given" geographical circumstance. Billions may yet starve in Africa, and the farmlands of India may go dry and become deserts, but so long as a country like Australia can protect its environment and social structure, it has *at least a chance* at long-term survival.
  So, too, could North America (The United States and Canada) rely on such a barrier. We are large enough as a continent to become virtually self-sustaining. We are naturally immune from cultural pressures "from the [Arctic] north" - no one's coming in from that direction. By the west and east we are insulated by oceans. Our only "pressure point" is to our south - the Mexican border.
  But the southern border is more than just with Mexico - in a broader sense, it is with the entire third world, pressing against our culture, in the same manner in which water bears against a dam. This is why our struggle to restrain it there becomes so important.
  It is not only "Mexicans" (and other South and Central Americans) per se that infiltrate us from the south - it is the culture that they bring with them, much of which is inherently alien to our "traditional" beliefs and mores. Curse them if you like, but it is precisely such European "traditional values" that so coherently united and "communalized" our national heritage, up until the 1960's or so - the exact values which today are under such persistent attack from the "multiculturals".

Some months ago in this area, I proposed the concept of a physical, impenetrable wall between the U.S. and Mexico. I again propose it. Indeed, the U.S. Border Patrol, at certain points along the U.S -Mexican border already erects fences, but these serve as mere buckets against the flood when viewed in the larger scale. However, the fact that on the local level such fences DO serve their purpose suggests that we need a more substantive "levee" to protect our *entire* southern front.
  Call this prospective "Wall of America" racist, call it elitist, call it whatever you like. The fact remains that with such an artificial barrier in place working in concert with our natural barriers to the north, east and west, and with extremely tight controls on who "gets in" via air and sea, we could effectively defend ourselves (our culture AND our environment) from the inevitable decline and collapse due to outside pressures that, at the present, we seem reluctant to resist.

It may be indelicate to say so, but I will assert that:
> All "cultures" are NOT of equal value; thus
> Some cultures are inherently superior to others;
> The history of mankind is of competing cultures conflicting with and overcoming one another (and not always did the superior culture triumph);
> That said, I consider OUR traditional culture (based upon Euro-Centric values) to be superior to others, and thus, worth preserving;
> Such preservation becomes IMPOSSIBLE unless we actively defend it against the corrupting influences of competing, inferior cultures.

If you live beside a river, and if that river is threatening to overflow your property, what do you do? Do you accept the inevitability of the pending inundation? Or do you at least attempt to build a levee to restrain such overflow? Must you simply stand by and let the waves wash over you, because you have no "right" to "resist" them? Is it unmoral, unethical, unreasonable to at least TRY to protect what you have and what you stand for?
  Few will contest the individual's inherent right of self-preservation - do we also have a right to the self-preservation of our nation, our values, our culture, our future?
  I believe that what we have built here, and what the future can hold for us, is WORTH protecting, by WHATEVER means possible.
  Do you?

(posted to AOL Nov 16, 1995)
========

I think that establishes my credentials well enough on what I think about "a wall" on the southern border.

What were YOUR thoughts on immigration in 1995?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2021, 12:07:18 am »
What were YOUR thoughts on immigration in 1995?

Exactly the same as they are today. Come here legally or don't come at all!  Now ask my thoughts on what needs to be done on stopping an invasion. @Fishrrman
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 12:08:11 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2021, 04:15:25 am »
Exactly the same as they are today. Come here legally or don't come at all!  Now ask my thoughts on what needs to be done on stopping an invasion. @Fishrrman
:thumbsup:

Some people just complain without trying anything,