Author Topic: NASA Says Glitch on Boeing Rocket to Delay Launch Until Spring  (Read 291 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NASA Says Glitch on Boeing Rocket to Delay Launch Until Spring
« on: December 18, 2021, 03:27:44 am »
BNN Bloomberg by Justin Bachman 12/17/2021

NASA plans to replace an engine controller aboard its massive SLS rocket after finding a communications glitch with the system’s avionics during pre-flight testing, the latest setback for a Boeing Co.-led program plagued by years of delays and billions of dollars in costs beyond its initial budget.

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration also said Friday it will explore launch dates for a test flight in March and April.

The rocket, which Congress authorized and began funding in 2010, was supposed to fly in late 2016. In October, NASA solicited ideas from the aerospace industry about ways to lower the costs associated with the Space Launch System.

More: https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/nasa-says-glitch-on-boeing-rocket-to-delay-launch-until-spring-1.1697673

Offline ironhorsedriver

Re: NASA Says Glitch on Boeing Rocket to Delay Launch Until Spring
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 12:54:52 pm »
It seems to me that Boeing should be forced to absorb cost overruns. When your talking in the billions, something is very wrong. Meanwhile, SpaceX chugs happily along. Sure, SpaceX gets tax dollars. But they produce!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: NASA Says Glitch on Boeing Rocket to Delay Launch Until Spring
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 10:07:47 pm »
 :pondering: Engine controller you say, I wonder how many chips/parts were sourced from China?