Author Topic: White House says double child tax credit payments possible in February  (Read 142 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House says double child tax credit payments possible in February
By Naomi Jagoda - 12/17/21 09:19 AM EST

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Friday said that the Biden administration is looking into the possibility of making double child tax credit payments in February if the president's social spending package is enacted in January.

"If we get it done in January, we've talked to Treasury officials and others about doing double payments in February as an option," Psaki said during a gaggle with reporters aboard Air Force One.

Psaki's comments come as monthly child tax credit payments established under President Biden's coronavirus relief law are set to expire at the end of the year. As part of the relief law, tens of millions of families received monthly payments from July to December of up to $300 per child under age 6 and up to $250 per child ages 6 to 17.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/586285-white-house-suggests-possibility-of-double-child-tax-credit-payments
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: White House says double child tax credit payments possible in February
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 08:05:45 pm »
Is this money a prepayment of the tax credit they would get when filing or money on top of that?

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 08:19:23 pm »
Is this money a prepayment of the tax credit they would get when filing or money on top of that?
Yes and no. It used to be part of a tax return but now the DCP has changed it to what is equal to a monthly welfare bonus. It's paid monthly and it's a lot more money.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 08:28:39 pm »
Only if the statute authorizes it. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 10:34:12 pm »
And "they" wonder why people don't want to go back to work.   **nononono*

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 10:44:31 pm »
$300 pathetic dollars for SOME Americans, after just trying to ram 1/2 MILLION DOLLARS to a MILLION $'s to foreigners that haven't even entered the Country!  This is a massive outrage and insult to Americans, who had Biden put them out of work just recently!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 10:46:23 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 10:53:44 pm »
It's also possible the Swedish Bikini Team bus will break down in front my house.  About as likely as Build, Back, Broke being passed in January.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.