Author Topic: Judge goes beyond prosecutors' request with sentence for Jan. 6 couple  (Read 437 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge goes beyond prosecutors' request with sentence for Jan. 6 couple
By Joseph Choi - 12/16/21 06:12 PM EST

A U.S. district judge on Wednesday issued a sentence against a couple who took part in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot that went beyond what prosecutors recommended, giving them jail time.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) had asked that Brandon Miller and his wife Stephanie Miller be sentenced to home confinement as part of a 36-month probationary period. The Ohio couple was charged with entering the Capitol, with Brandon Miller livestreaming their actions on Facebook.

As WUSA reported, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan ruled, however, that their actions warranted time behind bars.

They didn’t just walk through a door. They climbed through a broken window ... they knew full well of the violence that had preceded their entry,” Chutkan said. “The fact is that they were part of a mob ... that was intent on stopping the lawful transfer of power.”

“It amounted to an attempted overthrow of the government,” she added. “I don’t believe that’s hyperbole.”

Brandon Miller was sentenced to 20 days in jail, and Stephanie Miller was sentenced to 14 days.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/586225-judge-goes-beyond-prosecutors-request-with-sentence-for-jan-6-couple
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Judge goes beyond prosecutors' request with sentence for Jan. 6 couple
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 03:48:20 pm »
How anyone can seriously view that event as "an attempted overthrow of the government" is beyond me.

Maybe it is just my logistical bent, but even if the folks in the front of the pack (ANTIFAs and BLM types) had succeeded in ousting the legislators from the building, all they would have done is occupy a building, not taken over the government. Without some serious weapons, even that hypothetical occupation would have been short lived.

There is a lot more to taking over a government than walking around in a couple of assembly halls and a few offices.

Utterly ridiculous.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 03:54:34 pm »
How anyone can seriously view that event as "an attempted overthrow of the government" is beyond me.

Maybe it is just my logistical bent, but even if the folks in the front of the pack (ANTIFAs and BLM types) had succeeded in ousting the legislators from the building, all they would have done is occupy a building, not taken over the government. Without some serious weapons, even that hypothetical occupation would have been short lived.

There is a lot more to taking over a government than walking around in a couple of assembly halls and a few offices.

Utterly ridiculous.

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 03:56:29 pm »
The judge is showing her bias.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 04:15:11 pm »
The judge is showing her bias.

This should earn her a seat on the SC.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 04:15:56 pm »

Utterly ridiculous.

Would sure like to see the hours and hours of footage that the government has regarding this “insurrection”.   :pondering:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 04:22:26 pm »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 04:28:29 pm »

The same way the Liberals call it a "siege". Anyone referring to Jan 6 as a 'siege' is obviously a moron and has no understanding of what the word 'siege' means.

It's all just propaganda nonsense. Antifa/BLM did 10,000 times the damage and were all released within a few hours.
This whole thing is political retribution against Trump and his supporters. It has nothing to do with 'justice' at all.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 04:33:17 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: