Author Topic: Liz Wheeler on Salvation Army ‘suffering’: That’s what happens when you call white donors racists  (Read 777 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Wheeler on Salvation Army ‘suffering’: That’s what happens when you call white donors racists
December 16, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

The Salvation Army is reportedly losing donors, and conservatives couldn’t be any happier about it. The reason why is because of the Christian charity’s decision to go “woke.”

Speaking on Fox News’ “Fox News Primetime” this Wednesday, conservative commentator Liz Wheeler argued quite plainly that this is what they get for promoting racial essentialism.

“When you call your white donors, tell them to apologize for their racism, tell your white donors that because of the color of their skin they’re inherently racist and there’s no way to avoid being racist — I mean, this is a horrible thing. It’s a false thing. It’s a toxic allegation,” she said.

It’s racial essentialism, and it’s spread to every corner of the nation, which is why, she argued, it’s fundamental that those caught peddling this racist garbage suffer “consequences.”

Including the Salvation Army.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/12/16/liz-wheeler-on-salvation-army-suffering-thats-what-happens-when-you-call-white-donors-racists-1176522/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Get woke Go broke!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wall Street Journal Slams Salvation Army ‘Wokeness’

Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.
17 Dec 2021

A Thursday op-ed in the Wall Street Journal blasts the new “wokeness” reigning at the Salvation Army, lamenting its embrace of the worst of critical race theory (CRT).

Joining other voices decrying the decline of this venerable Christian charity, WSJ writer Kenny Xu, president of Color Us United, cites a Salvation Army discussion guide called “Let’s Talk About Racism,” published earlier this year.

“We must stop denying the existence of individual and systemic/institutional racism,” the 2021 guide declares. “They exist, and are still at work to keep White Americans in power.”

Although the Salvation Army eventually caved to the public outcry against its guide and pulled it from its website for “appropriate review,” it has never disowned its content or apologized for its embrace of the narrative of America’s purported “systemic racism,” Xu notes.

The Salvation Army has rather installed two new “diversity, equity and inclusion” (DEI) directors, Xu observes, roles that typically draw deeply from the CRT poisoned myth of American history, which does not bode well for the direction the organization is taking.

Xu also suggests that this move by the Salvation Army may reflect a desire to solicit more corporate giving, given many corporations’ current love affair with DEI.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/social-justice/2021/12/17/wall-street-journal-slams-salvation-army-wokeness/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

"In concluding Thursday’s op-ed, Mr. Xu calls for a public renunciation of the text and its contents by Salvation Army leadership."

"The Salvation Army “should release a statement making clear that America isn’t a racist country,” he writes."

They already double and tripled down on their woke racist statements. They are well past the point of return. The ONLY way I would ever consider giving to them again is if everyone at the top that had a say in this policy are replaced followed by their acknowledgement of how racist what they said was.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That's true. The table has turned 180. Instead of White people apologizing for being born White, we are now in a situation where SA must apologize to White people for being viciously racist anti-White pricks. And even that will never get them back to where they were before they decided to go "woke".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Slide Rule

That's true. The table has turned 180. Instead of White people apologizing for being born White, we are now in a situation where SA must apologize to White people for being viciously racist anti-White pricks. And even that will never get them back to where they were before they decided to go "woke".

Hey Salvation Army, #JustSayIt: America is not a racist country!

Then purge your organization of the infestation.

Bet it is too late for 2021, or for that matter 2022, 2023, 2324 ...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 12:56:50 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Everything woke turns to shit" --- DJT

Offline libertasbella

• Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
  • Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
    • Libertas Bella

They were under no pressure to attack their donors, as far as I know. Demonizing alms givers was solely their call to make. And now if they want to backpedal, we know it's solely for PR reasons. So I can't say it enthusiastically enough: to hell with the racist SA. Donate to directly to people in need, and let the SA's bureaucracy sit on their hands.
DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts
"Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Offline LMAO

They were under no pressure to attack their donors, as far as I know. Demonizing alms givers was solely their call to make. And now if they want to backpedal, we know it's solely for PR reasons. So I can't say it enthusiastically enough: to hell with the racist SA. Donate to directly to people in need, and let the SA's bureaucracy sit on their hands.

We’ve made that choice and have no regrets
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Salvation Army jumped the CRT shark, and it serves as a warning to other non-Profits tempted to go woke.

Woketards, if you want/need my money, please don't insult me BEFORE I've made the donation.  No matter what your college professor told you, it's just not smart.  It would be smarter to insult me AFTER I've donated.  Any street panhdler (Salvation Army clientele) could tell you that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 07:39:53 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Hoodat

They were under no pressure to attack their donors, as far as I know. Demonizing alms givers was solely their call to make. And now if they want to backpedal, we know it's solely for PR reasons.

The point is that they are not backpedaling.  They haven't fired the people responsible.  And they haven't walked back the statement by pointing out that it is wrong.  Instead, they have merely pretended that it isn't their policy now.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 07:38:56 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The point is that they are not backpedaling.  They haven't fired the people responsible.  And they haven't walked back the statement by pointing out that it is wrong.  Instead, they have merely pretended that it isn't their policy now.

:bingo:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

My family served in Korea, and my FIL served in WWII. Both of them gave faithfully to the Salvation Army. When my Father passed I took up the cause. my wife and I donated a minimum of $100.00 every single year. No matter how lean times were that was our minimum. On several occasions that was our gift to each other, because of how highly both our fathers regarded them. We will not be donating this year or in the foreseeable future.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

Offline libertybele

Get woke Go broke!

..and on that note, a song comes to mind (I couldn't help myself).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqdx47Rp0tY
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

I can't help it every Christmas I think of a particular Dr. Demento Christmas show and..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0P_brKmycM&ab_channel=Ol%27Zircon
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 10:57:20 pm by GtHawk »

Online Slide Rule

That is just the right tone for Christmas.

Bigots should hear it the same as I hear it no matter their complexion.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and everyone.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline goatprairie

SA: "Dear racist white people....we really didn't mean what we said in our guide. We just mean that maybe only 99% of you are filthy, nasty racists. So please continue to give us money."

Offline DefiantMassRINO

You mean the money with pictures of racist white-supremacist heterosexual Christian genocidal imperialist slave holding males on it?  That money?

Go pound sand and ask Oprah for donations.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 09:42:57 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
SA: "Dear racist white people....we really didn't mean what we said in our guide. We just mean that maybe only 99% of you are filthy, nasty racists. So please continue to give us money."

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You mean the money with pictures of racist white-supremacist heterosexual Christian genocidal imperialist slave holding males on it?  That money?

Go pound sand and ask Oprah for donations.
Good luck with that, Oprah never gave it away only sold it and on her show she still only gave away other peoples stuff not her own.

Offline Kamaji

Apparently, they're now doubling down with a pro-racist seminar in January.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Apparently, they're now doubling down with a pro-racist seminar in January.

I predict a low-budget seminar.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Good luck with that, Oprah never gave it away only sold it and on her show she still only gave away other peoples stuff not her own.
And most of it was promotional consideration.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024