Author Topic: Two major airline CEOs question effectiveness of mask mandates on planes  (Read 143 times)

Offline Kamaji

About damned time!

The chief executive officers of two major airlines have questioned the need for mask mandates on planes — insisting that face coverings “don’t add much” to the safety of flying amid the pandemic.

“I think the case is very strong that masks don’t add much, if anything, in the air cabin environment. It is very safe and very high quality compared to any other indoor setting,” the CEO of Southwest Airlines, Gary Kelly, told lawmakers during a congressional hearing Wednesday.

“I concur,” Doug Parker, the head of the country’s largest airline, American Airlines, added.

“An aircraft is the safest place you can be. It’s true of all of our aircraft — they all have the same HEPA filters and airflow.”

Both airline chiefs insisted that the high-quality air filters on their planes bring in new air and reduce the spread of COVID-19.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2021/12/16/two-airline-ceos-question-need-for-mask-mandates-on-planes/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Two major airline CEOs question effectiveness of mask mandates on planes
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 04:27:47 pm »
It is important to note those CEOs present who would not question the validity of this mandate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington