Author Topic: Massachusetts - Failure to pass legislation could lead to egg shortage, higher prices  (Read 353 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

A sane person can't make this stuff up.

‘You’re looking at just a huge shortage.’ Eggs could largely disappear from store shelves in January without legislative action, industry warns.

By Emma Platoff Globe Staff,Updated December 13, 2021, 4:32 p.m.

Sayonara, scramble. Farewell, frittata.

The most valuable player in the most important meal of the day will be at risk come Jan. 1, if state lawmakers don’t soon take action to shore up Massachusetts’s egg supply. The egg industry warns that up to 90 percent of the eggs currently being supplied to the state will disappear from shelves in 2022 unless the Legislature changes upcoming new standards for those that may be sold in Massachusetts supermarkets.

Without legislative action, eggs born of hens that have less than 1.5 square feet of space could not be sold in the state, a standard industry experts say is strict enough to effectively destroy the market...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/13/metro/youre-looking-just-huge-shortage-eggs-could-largely-disappear-store-shelves-january-without-legislative-action-industry-warns/

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
California did the same thing, what, couple or more years ago and prices shot up for a while until producers were in compliance but I could always find eggs and the prices did drop back down...pre Captain Dementia and the Dementianeers.