Author Topic: Matt Gaetz Introduces National ‘Stand Your Ground’ Self-Defense Bill  (Read 161 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Gaetz Introduces National ‘Stand Your Ground’ Self-Defense Bill

AWR Hawkins 14 Dec 2021

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) introduced national “Stand Your Ground” legislation Monday to protect Americans’ ability to defend themselves when under attack.

WFLA reports Gaetz put out a press release on the legislation, saying, “Like Kyle Rittenhouse, every American has the right to defend their life from an attacker. If someone tries to kill you, you should have the right to return fire and preserve your life. Let’s reaffirm in law what exists in our Constitution and in the hearts of our fellow Americans. Abolish the legal duty of retreat everywhere.”

Gaetz’s legislation, the Stand Your Ground Act of 2021, says:

A person is justified in using, threatening, or attempting to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believe that using, threatening, or attempting to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses, threatens, or attempts to use deadly force in accordance with this paragraph does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand your ground if the person using, threatening, or attempts to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she have a right to be.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/12/14/matt-gaetz-introduces-national-stand-your-ground-self-defense-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Matt Gaetz Introduces National ‘Stand Your Ground’ Self-Defense Bill
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 05:56:59 pm »
Time to flush out who the true faux 2A supporting Republicans are.  Bravo Rep. Gaetz
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 06:09:15 pm »
Whatever happened to Federalist states' rights?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 06:13:32 pm »
Whatever happened to Federalist states' rights?

That's not the issue; the issue is:  what grant of authority in the Constitution undergirds this sort of statute?  Unless it is limited to otherwise valid federal criminal laws, it appears to be an unmoored exercise of the general police power, which the federal government does not have.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 11:41:13 pm »
Nice gesture.
Goin' nowhere.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 11:44:43 pm »
Nice gesture.
Goin' nowhere.

Nope...  forces a vote and  documents a position on the issue.
Much needed on who we need to primary Spring-Summer of '22.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 07:52:16 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.