Author Topic: The Greatest Financial Swindle of All Time ...Stephen Moore  (Read 181 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Greatest Financial Swindle of All Time ...Stephen Moore
« on: December 14, 2021, 03:13:07 pm »
The Greatest Financial Swindle of All Time
Stephen Moore

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 12:01 AM

One of the most popular provisions of the 1994 Contract with America was a rule requiring Congress to live by the same laws that families and businesses are subject to.

So, why doesn't Congress live by the financial and accounting standards required of the rest of us?

I'm speaking of the multitrillion-dollar Build Back Better law, a giant financial masquerade. No one knows what it costs. None of the Democrats in Congress who are hellbent on passing it seems to care. That may be because, as the House Budget Committee chairman has pronounced, "We can pay for whatever we want to pay for."

Uh-huh. Don't hire this man as your accountant.

The bookkeeping gambits in this bill are so brazen that it's hard to believe they think they can get away with it.

One of the tricks is to hide the actual cost by counting 10 years of revenue to pay for five years of new spending programs. But, amazingly, even with this sleight of hand, they can't make the numbers add up. Another is to assume that Congress can pass the most significant increase in U.S. history and it won't hurt the economy.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/stephenmoore/2021/12/14/the-greatest-financial-swindle-of-all-time-n2600527
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: The Greatest Financial Swindle of All Time ...Stephen Moore
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 03:21:49 pm »
Congress should be required to apply the same accounting rules - GAAP - that apply to the rest of the U.S.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 03:36:02 pm »
I might argue Climate Change is No. 1

No. 2?  Bottled Water
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 03:46:04 pm »
I might argue Climate Change is No. 1

No. 2?  Bottled Water

No. 1 is/was Climate Change being rapidly overtaken by Covid-19...

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 04:31:35 pm »
No. 1 is/was Climate Change being rapidly overtaken by Covid-19...

Yep...
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 04:38:43 pm »
No. 1 = the children ... for they are the future ... and, man, are they screwed.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 04:48:26 pm »
No. 1 = the children ... for they are the future ... and, man, are they screwed.

Let's see....   73M under 18, $30T in debt, extrapolated to say $40T by decade's end?

$40T divided by 73M?

Last Will and Testament....

We the idiots who lived in the last quarter of the 20th century, and 1st quarter of the 21st century do hereby bequeath   $547,945.21 to each man and woman to manage and enjoy in their old age.  (quadruple sarcasm)

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 04:56:11 pm »
The upcoming Bidenflation will take care of a significant portion of that debt.