Author Topic: Federal Judge Orders January 6 Defendant To Be Released From D.C. Jail  (Read 645 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Federal Judge Orders January 6 Defendant To Be Released From D.C. Jail
 Martin Walsh December 14, 2021

A federal judge has ordered that a January 6 defendant diagnosed with cancer be released from a D.C. jail after an inspection from U.S. Marshals found the prisoners were living in “deplorable” conditions.

U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth said in a statement that the conditions in the jail were “deplorable” and “beyond belief” and ordered the immediate transfer of defendant Christopher Worrell to a different facility.

He stated that the “court has zero confidence” that the D.C. jail would provide proper treatment and not retaliate against Worrell.

The Marshals inspection discovered the inhumane conditions at the D.C. jail like shutting down water in many cells for multiple days, clogged toilets. They even discovered that an inmate was being pepper-sprayed and unable to take a shower for days, which lead to an infection.

Judge Lamberth made the Marshals report public, which provides horrific details like the DC Department of Corrections staff “antagonizing detainees” and “directing detainees to not cooperate with” the Marshals during their inspection.

“One DOC staffer was observed telling a detainee to ‘stop snitching,’” according to the report.

The report stated that detainees were not getting access to water for days and that there was improper food service with meals “served cold and congealed.”

more
https://conservativebrief.com/federal-3-56339/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Federal Judge Orders January 6 Defendant To Be Released From D.C. Jail
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 02:06:41 pm »
I hope the family of this poor soul sues and gets millions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 02:08:28 pm »
Why are they still being held without charges?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 02:12:09 pm »

$!0M question, and only the likes of MTG and few others are caring and fighting for them.  Like I mentioned on another thread....  Normally the ACLU would care about people being imprisoned almost a year with no charges...   But...   They are now more interesting in securing $450K checks for illegal immigrants.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 02:13:24 pm »
$!0M question, and only the likes of MTG and few others are caring and fighting for them.  Like I mentioned on another thread....  Normally the ACLU would care about people being imprisoned almost a year with no charges...   But...   They are now more interesting in securing $450K checks for illegal immigrants.

Have there been any attempted habeas corpus proceedings brought?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 02:18:04 pm »
Have there been any attempted habeas corpus proceedings brought?

Good question.  But from my viewpoint it appears the government has basically abandoned any allowance of due process.

IN other words, DOJ has gone full facist.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 02:44:15 pm »

Because the rule of law is suspended in most of America now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 04:52:50 pm »
I hope the family of this poor soul sues and gets millions.
I hope instead criminal charges are brought against any and all the perpetuated this inhumane treatment.

Until people responsible are sent to prison, it will continue
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2021, 04:54:51 pm »
Good question.  But from my viewpoint it appears the government has basically abandoned any allowance of due process.

IN other words, DOJ has gone full facist.

That's just insane.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2021, 10:09:37 pm »
Kudos to you, Judge Lamberth, for this decision.

BUT...
If the treatment is indeed deliberately inhumane (as it appears to be), why don't you order the release of ALL the "Zeks" in the DC gulag...?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2021, 07:56:31 am »
Kudos also to Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene for bringing the details of this law-breaking abuse to the public arena.  She has been, and remains, relentless.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2021, 07:58:27 am »
WHY are the 'corrections personnel' engaging in this treatment of prisoners still employed?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2021, 12:27:44 pm »
Short answer: Trump lost.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2021, 03:06:57 pm »
Despite this story, Judge Royce Lamberth has no compassion.  He said the conditions in the prisons is "deplorable" like the third world, and then leaves all the rest of the political prisoners in that sewer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2021, 05:04:56 pm »
The original headline from Conservative Brief is misleading.
The prisoner was not released, he was transferred to another facility.

U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth said in a statement that the conditions in the jail were “deplorable” and “beyond belief” and ordered the immediate transfer of defendant Christopher Worrell to a different facility.

The Marshals inspection discovered the inhumane conditions at the D.C. jail like shutting down water in many cells for multiple days, clogged toilets. They even discovered that an inmate was being pepper-sprayed and unable to take a shower for days, which lead to an infection.

Judge Lamberth made the Marshals report public, which provides horrific details like the DC Department of Corrections staff “antagonizing detainees” and “directing detainees to not cooperate with” the Marshals during their inspection.

“One DOC staffer was observed telling a detainee to ‘stop snitching,’” according to the report.

The report stated that detainees were not getting access to water for days and that there was improper food service with meals “served cold and congealed.”

Cross posted from the following thread:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,455799.0.html

--------------

Where is the Department of Corrections located?

The administrative headquarters is located at 2000 14th Street, NW, Seventh Floor, Washington, DC 20009.
The main telephone number is (202) 673-7316.
The Central Detention Facility (DC Jail) is located at 1901 D Street, SE, Washington, DC 20003.
The telephone number for the Command Center at the DC Jail is (202) 698-4932.
Brenda Shell currently serves as the CDF Deputy Warden.

The DC Department of Corrections (DOC) operates the Correctional Treatment Facility (CTF).
It is located at 1901 E St. SE, Washington, DC 20003.
The telephone number for the CTF Command Center is (202) 790-6601.
Kathleen Landerkin currently serves as the CTF Deputy Warden.

--------------

So now we all have the addresses of DC's version of Abu Ghraib.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao