Author Topic: ‘What Have You Done to Be More Anti-Racist?’: School Districts Screen Potential Teachers for ‘Cultur  (Read 156 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘What Have You Done to Be More Anti-Racist?’: School Districts Screen Potential Teachers for ‘Cultural Competency’

Breccan F. Thies 13 Dec 2021

Schools across the country are screening potential teachers for their “cultural competency” asking candidates “what they’ve done personally or professionally to be more anti-racist,” according to Education Week.

“Ultimately, when we’re looking for people to serve our students, my key questions are: Can you teach these students, even if they don’t look like you?” Karen Rice-Harris, chair of the American Association of School Personnel Administrators’ diversity, equity, and inclusion committee, said.

Education Week reported that “school districts are increasingly asking teacher-candidates questions about cultural competency, race, and equity during the application and interview process.” Although it is “slow work,” Rice-Harris says teacher prospects should be able to adequately answer “how they honor the diversity of their students in their instruction and curriculum.”

As Breitbart News has reported, given the emergence of critical race theory as a major political issue, institutions that wish to implement it may surreptitiously refer to it by other means, or camouflage it behind phrases like “culturally responsive teaching” — which uses the same CRT acronym — “culturally competent,” “social emotional learning,” “anti-racist,” and “equity.”

Lauren Dachille, founder and CEO of teacher hiring software company Nimble, said school systems have been asking “cultural competency” questions for “at least the last five to 10 years,” says Education Week.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/12/13/what-have-you-done-to-be-more-anti-racist-school-districts-screen-potential-teachers-for-cultural-competency/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Sold old NFL Washington Football Team merchandise with the forbidden legacy team name and logo for big bucks.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.