Author Topic: Kentucky factory death toll likely lower than first feared  (Read 167 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kentucky factory death toll likely lower than first feared
« on: December 13, 2021, 03:33:46 pm »
Kentucky factory death toll likely lower than first feared
By Joseph Choi - 12/13/21 10:11 AM EST

The death toll at the Kentucky candle plant that was destroyed due to severe storms over the weekend may be smaller than initially believed, with officials saying more people were likely able to escape.

Gov. Andy Beshear (D-Ky.) initially estimated that around 70 people who worked at the Mayfield Consumer Products candle factory had died in the tornado that tore through much of Kentucky.

However, spokesperson for the company Bob Ferguson said that there are now currently eight confirmed deaths and eight people at the factory who are missing.

"There were some early reports that as many as 70 could be dead in the factory. One is too many, but we thank God that the number is turning out to be far, far fewer," Ferguson said, according to Reuters.

Appearing on "CBS This Morning," the mayor of Mayfield, Ky., Kathy Stewart O’Nan, said numerous municipal utilities have been taken out due to the storm, including wastewater management and natural gas.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/585530-kentucky-factory-death-toll-likely-lower-than-first-feared
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Kentucky factory death toll likely lower than first feared
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 03:43:28 pm »
Thank goodness!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Kentucky factory death toll likely lower than first feared
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 04:34:35 pm »
Kentucky governor: Death toll at 64, but there ‘will be more’

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said as of Monday morning, 64 people have been confirmed dead following tornados in Kentucky and at least 105 remain unaccounted for.

“There will be more. We believe it will certainly be above 70, maybe even 80,” he said. “But again with this amount of damage and rubble it may be a week or even more before we have a final count on the number of lost lives.”

Beshear later appeared emotional as he was talking about the devastation left by the severe weather.

“I know like the folks in western Kentucky, I’m not doing so well today and I’m not sure how many of us are,” he said. “I was working on getting the confirmed deaths this morning and realized I was writing on the back of notes that one of my kids took from school.

“And here it was it is – it's notes on inertia. It means that an object that is in motion will stay in motion. So we are going to keep putting one foot in front of the other and push through this. Everybody out there get the help you need, take care of yourself and we will continue to provide updates,” he continued. “To the people of Western Kentucky, we are not going anywhere. We are going to be with you today, we are going to be with you tomorrow and we are going to be there with you to rebuild.”

Michael Dossett, the director of the Kentucky Division of Emergency Management, praised the federal government for their disaster response but also said “this is a massive event, the largest and most devastating in Kentucky’s history.”

“Restoration is ongoing,” he added. “This again is not going to be a week or month operation – this will go on for years to come.”
Posted by Greg Norman

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/kentucky-tornado
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34