Author Topic: On The Trail: Trump-inspired challengers target GOP governors  (Read 347 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
On The Trail: Trump-inspired challengers target GOP governors
« on: December 13, 2021, 02:16:41 pm »
On The Trail: Trump-inspired challengers target GOP governors
By Reid Wilson - 12/13/21 06:01 AM EST

Former President Donald Trump has remade much of the Republican Party in his image by nurturing and promoting a coterie of bomb-throwing performance artists in the House and Senate more interested in owning the libs than advancing legislation.

Now, his allies and imitators are coming for the ranks of Republican governors, a bevy of whom face MAGA-inspired challengers in primary elections next year.

In ordinary times, a governor running for reelection is one of the surest bets in American politics; they almost never lose. It is even rarer for a governor to lose a bid for renomination, and when that does happen the victim is virtually always a governor who has stepped into the job as a replacement for a predecessor, rather than one who won election him- or herself.

In the last half century, only 21 governors have lost renomination, according to Eric Ostermeier, a political scientist at the University of Minnesota and author of the Smart Politics blog — or just 5.4 percent of the 391 incumbents who ran for new terms. The last time two governors lost renomination in the same election year was 2004, when Missouri Gov. Bob Holden (D) lost to state Auditor Claire McCaskill (D) and Utah Gov. Olene Walker (R) lost to Jon Huntsman (R).

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/585374-on-the-trail-trump-inspired-challengers-target-gop-governors
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: On The Trail: Trump-inspired challengers target GOP governors
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 03:42:48 pm »
From the article…
“Former President Donald Trump has remade much of the Republican Party in his image by nurturing and promoting a coterie of bomb-throwing performance artists in the House and Senate more interested in owning the libs than advancing legislation.”

And this is unfortunate if we get too many of these after next years midterms. Conservatism is in one of its best positions to really make inroads  that I haven’t seen since 1980. There’s no need to out do the Omars in  the Democratic Party.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 03:54:28 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: On The Trail: Trump-inspired challengers target GOP governors
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 04:04:40 pm »
They need the governorships becuase they are the ones who "certify" a state's electoral votes.

If the Magas have the state legislatures, the state elections positions, and the governorships, such a state may legally be able to decertify the popularly selected electors, and certify an alternate set of electors to be submitted to Congress.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.