Author Topic: Salvation Army's Popularity Takes a Hit When Tied to Its Anti-Racism Campaign, Poll Finds  (Read 1157 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Poor guys. I doubt they've even heard. I'd love to know exactly how badly going red will hurth the SA this year, but I don't expect them to be honest about it.

Salvation Army will just blame the Economy, inflation, or whatever before admitting they shot themselves in the foot.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Divide, divide, divide.

An actual sign in front of a Colorado elementary school.

Another reason to avoid eye contact with Salvation Army bell-ringers today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

Salvation Army will just blame the Economy, inflation, or whatever before admitting they shot themselves in the foot.

And that denial speaks volumes of the character of those in charge.

Turn off the lights. They are done.

Offline Kamaji

Divide, divide, divide.

That is just sick. 

Online DB

Divide, divide, divide.

So do they put a color chart on the entrance so people can figure out if they qualify as a POC or not??? And do you have to base it on somewhere on your body where the sun doesn't shine? Or do tans count as "color"?

And since it is "families of color" if one of your family members isn't colorful enough does that disqualify the whole family or just that member?

We are way down the rabbit hole...

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
You advocate a loss of freedom.  I advocate simply not contributing to those which do not fulfill the mission for which they are designed.

:amen:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

For those who believe the SA is redeemable, think again.

The Salvation Army takes an even deeper dive into wokedom
The Salvation Army, having faced a massive backlash because of November's "Let's Talk About Racism" guide, doesn't seem to have learned its lesson.  It's now announced that, in January, it will be offering a two-day racial justice forum in Illinois.  This turn to the left does not bode well for an organization that has already seen a significant drop in charitable donations since it decided to embrace leftist politics.

Since its founding in 1865, the Salvation Army has been one of the most effective charitable organizations in America.  Its members have reached out to and helped the poor, the hungry, and the broken, both physically and spiritually.  However, in November, the Salvation Army issued a guidebook entitled "Let's Talk About Racism," which seemed to be trying to shift its salvation focus to Critical Race Theory.  The pushback was so great that the Salvation Army pulled the guidebook.  Despite having done so, though, in some regions, the Salvation Army saw a precipitous decline in both volunteers and donations.

One would think the beat-down it took in November and December, in terms of both public opprobrium and financial losses, would have caused the Salvation Army to think twice about adding a big dollop of Marxist-inspired Critical Race Theory to its core theology.  One would be wrong, however, to think that.  Fox News reports that the Salvation Army's Metropolitan Division is offering a two-day long racial justice forum:

The Salvation Army is hosting a two-day racial justice forum in Illinois in an effort to "help alleviate the pain of suffering humanity within our communities and institutions" after the organization sparked controversy last month with a racism guide that it has since retracted.

The Young Adult Racial Justice Forum, hosted by the Salvation Army Metropolitan Division, will take place in Hoffman Estates near Chicago on Jan. 8-Jan. 9 and will feature theologian and activist Esau McCaulley as a guest speaker.

"We believe racial justice is an urgent issue close to the heart of God," the event description states, "and therefore are eager to create opportunities to disciple our soldiers and stakeholders in ways that will encourage deeper holiness and to provide those in our ranks with the resources to help alleviate the pain of suffering humanity within our communities and institutions."

One can get a sense of Esau McCaulley's politics by noting that he is a regular contributor to The New York Times.  He's also steeped in the litanies of Black victimhood.  In May 2020, he wrote about Ahmaud Arbery, who had just been killed after three White men believed he was a thief, played vigilante, and tried to "round him up," only to end up in a scuffle that resulted in Arbery's death.  All three men have since been convicted of murder.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/12/the_salvation_army_takes_an_even_deeper_dive_into_wokedom.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline AllThatJazzZ

I'd be curious to know if the needy whites they help are required to apologize for their white privilege or to take SA's woke seminars before receiving charity from them.  :shrug:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

For those who believe the SA is redeemable, think again.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Thanks for the update. Interesting read.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'd be curious to know if the needy whites they help are required to apologize for their white privilege or to take SA's woke seminars before receiving charity from them.  :shrug:

If I read the cards they laid on the table correctly, SA is headed to race-based assistance and there won't be many (if any) white people who will get any help from the SA going forward.  Not when they've labeled all white people as racists.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If I read the cards they laid on the table correctly, SA is headed to race-based assistance and there won't be many (if any) white people who will get any help from the SA going forward.  Not when they've labeled all white people as racists.

I was absolutely shocked that I saw a SA ad on Fox News the other night.  Commercial did seem to have a strong woke bend to it. 

Got to agree with your premise though.  They totally have gone toward the BLM bent 100%
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

If you have read the situation correctly, then let all the BLM fans support SA. Apparently they think that's a viable business plan. My question: who will help the white people in need? Or do we just not care anymore? I'm getting so jaded in my old age.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If you have read the situation correctly, then let all the BLM fans support SA. Apparently they think that's a viable business plan. My question: who will help the white people in need? Or do we just not care anymore? I'm getting so jaded in my old age.

I'd say "Churches," but most of them are woke, too.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: