Author Topic: 5 GOP Senators Donate to Opponent of Trump-Endorsed Senate Candidate in Alabama  (Read 413 times)

Offline Hoodat

5 GOP Senators Donate to Opponent of Trump-Endorsed Senate Candidate in Alabama

Ivan Pentchoukov  |  December 5, 2021  |  Updated: December 6, 2021

Five Republican senators donated a total of $25,000 to the Senate campaign of Katie Britt, the primary opponent of the Trump-endorsed Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.)

Britt served as the chief of staff for Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), whose seat she and Brooks are now vying for. She announced her run for Senate in June, two months after former President Donald Trump endorsed Brooks.

According to Federal Election Commission (FEC) records first reported by Politico, the political action committees for five GOP senators donated to Britt’s campaign: Sen. Michael Crapo’s (R-Idaho) Freedom Fund, Sen. Debra Fischer’s (R-Neb.) Nebraska Sandhills PAC, Sen. James Inhofe’s (R-Okla.) Fund for a Conservative Future, Sen. Joni Ernst’s (R-Iowa) Jobs Opportunity and New Ideas PAC, and Shelley Moore Capito’s (R-W.Va.) Wild and Wonderful PAC.

None of the five senators have donated to Brooks’s campaign, according to FEC records.

Britt most recently served as the head of the Alabama Business Council.

In the ad announcing her candidacy, she said it was “an honor” to stand with Shelby to “help build President Trump’s border wall” and to confirm Trump’s conservative nominees to the U.S. Supreme Court.  .  .  .

https://www.theepochtimes.com/5-gop-senators-donate-to-opponent-of-trump-endorsed-senate-candidate-in-alabama_4139541.html

Not sure why Trump is endorsing Mo Brooks now when he wouldn't back him back in 2018.  I like Brooks a lot.  But the GOPe is going long term here.  Britt is the more charismatic candidate, and she is 30 years younger.  she could easily hold this seat for the next 24 years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Alabama ping @Sighlass
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Alabama ping @Sighlass

Thanks Hoodat, I guess the Rino games have begun. Mo Brooks is a good fellow that so far seems to almost as unbuyable as Roy Moore was.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

My favorite Mo Brooks clip:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Inhofe used to be a rock solid conservative.  I don't know what the hell got into him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.