Author Topic: DEA agent gets 12 years in prison…  (Read 164 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
DEA agent gets 12 years in prison…
« on: December 11, 2021, 01:46:47 pm »
Citizen Free Press 12/10/2021

DEA agent gets 12 years for conspiring with Colombian cartel

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A once-standout U.S. narcotics agent who used his badge to build a lavish lifestyle of expensive cars, parties on yachts and Tiffany jewels was sentenced to more than 12 years in federal prison Thursday for conspiring to launder money with a Colombian cartel.

But even as José Irizarry admitted to his crimes, he blamed former colleagues at the DEA  for fostering a culture of corruption that desensitized him to the implications of violating the law.

“When my client joined the DEA he was schooled in how to be corrupt, he was schooled in how to break the law,” his attorney, María Dominguez, said in court. “In this alternate universe it became easier and less suspect to accept money and gifts” from criminal informants who worked with the U.S. premier narcotics agency.

U.S. District Court Judge Charlene Honeywell in handing down her sentence expressed disgust with the DEA for its failings and said other agents corrupted by “the allure of easy money” also needed to be investigated.

“This has to stop,” the judge said. “You were the one who got caught but there are others.”

More: https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/dea-agent-gets-12-years-in-prison/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: DEA agent gets 12 years in prison…
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 02:33:07 pm »
"Hits not my falts! Everbodie else wuz doin hit,so I though hut wuz ok!"

Uh,huh.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!