Author Topic: Jan. 6 panel subpoenas aides who met with Trump  (Read 77 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jan. 6 panel subpoenas aides who met with Trump
« on: December 11, 2021, 01:29:26 am »
Jan. 6 panel subpoenas aides who met with Trump
By Cristina Marcos - 12/10/21 03:56 PM EST

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol announced Friday that it has issued six new subpoenas, including to an aide to former President Trump who is now a congressional candidate.

Lawmakers on the panel are seeking information from associates of Trump who allegedly met with him to discuss preparations for the Jan. 6 "Stop the Steal" rally that preceded the mob attack on the Capitol, as well as individuals who helped organize the rally.

Among the people issued a subpoena is Max Miller, who worked as a senior adviser to Trump and is now running for a House seat.

Miller received Trump's endorsement in launching a primary challenge against GOP Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (Ohio), who voted to impeach the former president for his role in the Jan. 6 riot. Gonzalez has since announced he will not run for reelection, but Miller's candidacy is still active.

It's not clear if Miller will agree to testify before the panel. Miller tweeted Thursday that he "will accept service of this subpoena, but I will defend my rights just as I will defend the rights of my constituents when elected."

Miller also vowed that he would vote to disband the Jan. 6 committee if he is elected to the House.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/585360-jan-6-panel-subpoenas-aides-who-met-with-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34