Author Topic: Pathetic! CNN Tries to Spin Terrible Inflation News as ‘Sign of a Really Strong Economy’  (Read 257 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Pathetic! CNN Tries to Spin Terrible Inflation News as ‘Sign of a Really Strong Economy’
Joseph Vazquez
December 10th, 2021 5:55 PM

CNN can’t help itself. The network actually spun news of Americans seeing the highest inflation in nearly 40 years as positive news in an attempt to benefit President Joe Biden.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics released a jaw-dropping report showing that the Consumer Price Index skyrocketed 6.8 percent on a year-over-year basis in November. The inflation was “even more than expected,” and was the “fastest rate since 1982,” according to CNBC. CNN Chief Business Correspondent Christine Romans kicked off her coverage of the inflation news on CNN Newsroom by initially characterizing it as a “gut punch that feels like it really peaked there,” and “the worst in years.” Then came the incredible spin: “But demand is strong. This is a sign of a really strong economy, guys. People are rushing out all at the same time to buy the stuff they want after we’ve been in a huge pandemic.” Perhaps Romans didn’t realize that “too many dollars chasing too few goods” is actually a glaring reason why the U.S. is experiencing horrific inflation now.

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2021/12/10/pathetic-cnn-tries-spin-terrible-inflation-news-sign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Looks like CNN is doing exactly what the administration instructed, then.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Has anyone here ever heard anyone, like friends, relatives, say how much they really like paying more for food, fuel and other items?

I can't think of any time in history were working and middle class people said "these high prices are great. They need to go even higher."
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Looks like CNN is doing exactly what the administration instructed, then.
They are doing it for themselves. All the cheerleaders for Biden have to refuse the reality of his gross incompetence.
Since they were his biggest proponents, they will take the blame when he crashes and when he takes America with him.
All the gaslighting and blatant obvious lying you see in the media is just them trying to protect themselves.
And yes, the media thinks Americans are stupid enough to believe them instead of their own eyes and their own wallets.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As much as it pains me to have people think I am defending the communist cretins at CNN,the truth is they are so stoopid they probably believe that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington