Author Topic: President Joe Biden will soon present Medals of Honor to three soldiers for actions in Iraq and Afgh  (Read 264 times)

rangerrebew

President Joe Biden will soon present Medals of Honor to three soldiers for actions in Iraq and Afghanistan in the coming weeks, according to a source and a Washington Post report.

The three recipients will be:

Sgt. 1st Class Alwyn Cashe, who died of burns sustained in October 2005 after rescuing, one-by-one, six soldiers and an Iraqi interpreter from a burning Bradley Fighting Vehicle that struck an IED near Samarra, Iraq.
    Master Sgt. Earl Plumlee, a Green Beret who played a pivotal role in fighting off a complex suicide attack at FOB Ghazni, Afghanistan, in August 2013.
    Sgt. 1st Class Christopher Celiz, an Army Ranger who died of wounds received in Paktia Province, Afghanistan, during a firefight with Taliban militants in July 2018.

The Washington Post first reported the pending ceremony. A friend of the Cashe family confirmed the award when reached by Army Times. White House officials declined to comment on the awards, but a formal announcement was expected as early as Wednesday evening.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2021/12/08/three-soldiers-to-be-awarded-medals-of-honor/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:27:50 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

If they deserve it, fine.  But if this some form of virtue signalling which is designed to schmooze the military, all he is doing is to cheapen the medal. :pondering:

Offline mountaineer

I'm glad Cashe finally is getting his due, but wish it was from a more respectable CIC.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Logan Ratick
@Logan_Ratick
Medal of Honor ceremony at the White House was supposed to start at 1:30. It's almost 2:00 now
1:57 PM · Dec 16, 2021·

Logan Ratick
@Logan_Ratick
4m
30 minutes later

2:01 PM · Dec 16, 2021

Waiting for Joe to get fresh Depends.

Offline mountaineer

He finally showed up to present the MOHs, and thanked extinguished guests.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1471561661723160577

Offline libertybele

Biden grants Medal of Honor to first black soldier since Vietnam

US President Joe Biden has bestowed the nation's highest military award on three soldiers, including the first black serviceman to receive the decoration since the Vietnam War.

Army Sergeant Alwyn Cashe died of burns suffered while rescuing soldiers from a flaming armoured vehicle in Iraq.

He also becomes the first black soldier to receive the Medal of Honor during the US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Two other troops credited with saving lives were also given the award.

Sgt Cashe, 35, died after a roadside bomb detonated under the Bradley Fighting Vehicle he was commanding in October 2005, igniting its fuel tank.

After he and another soldier extinguished the flames that had engulfed their driver and pulled him to safety, his uniform, which was drenched in petrol, caught fire.

With second and third-degree burns covering nearly 75% of his body, he one-by-one rescued six soldiers and one Iraqi interpreter from the vehicle - all while taking enemy fire. He died from his injuries about three weeks after the attack.

"No soldier is going to be left behind on his watch," Mr Biden said at a White House ceremony on Thursday.................

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59691747
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

rangerrebew

Watch: Leave It To Biden To Make A Mockery Of A Medal Of Honor Ceremony
By
Alex Miller -
December 16, 2021

Joe Biden is getting really bad, he’s struggling to remember names that he should quickly be able to recall.

At the White House US Army Sergeant First Class Alwyn Cashe, Sergeant First Class Christopher Celiz, and Master Sergeant Earl Plumlee, United States Army were awarded the Medal of Honor at the White House.

Cashe and Celiz are honor posthumously, and Plumlee was in person.

Cashe was being honored for his actions in 2005 in Iraq after he rescued fellow soldiers who were trapped in a vehicle that was engulfed in flames during an attack. In his fuel-soaked uniform, Cashe went back to the burning vehicle and rescued soldiers who were trapped and then lead them to medical treatment. Three weeks after returning to the US to be treated for serious burns he received during the rescue he passed away.

https://patriotnewsfeed.com/watch-leave-it-to-biden-to-make-a-mockery-of-a-medal-of-honor-ceremony/

rangerrebew

Medal of Honor: Earl Plumlee Charged at 10 Attackers in Suicide Vests
Mil & Intel   

By Maggie BenZvi | December 16, 2021

Master Sgt. Earl Plumlee will receive the Medal of Honor on Thursday, Dec. 16, for fighting off an attack on a forward operating base in Ghazni, Afghanistan, in August of 2013.

The medal represents both an acknowledgment of Plumlee’s extraordinary actions to repel an attack on his base and a victory for advocates of Plumlee who’ve fought to have him upgraded to the nation’s highest military honor. Plumlee was originally awarded the Silver Star in 2016 for the battle, after an initial recommendation for the Medal of Honor was turned down. The decision outraged fellow soldiers. An inspector general’s investigation looked into the downgrade, and a US House representative advocated for Plumlee’s case to be reconsidered.

Though the path to Plumlee’s award was convoluted, the Special Forces weapons sergeant’s bravery and actions under fire in August 2013 have never been in doubt. Plumlee’s Special Forces team was assigned to Forward Operating Base Ghazni when a group of 10 Afghan insurgents used a car bomb to blow a 60-foot hole in the perimeter wall of the base and then ran into the base wearing suicide vests. Plumlee, along with other American and Polish soldiers, raced to the scene of the initial explosion in a pickup truck, which was almost immediately struck by a rocket-propelled grenade.

https://coffeeordie.com/medal-of-honor-plumlee/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
A lot of Biden's behavior is due to his very obvious dementia. However, I believe that at least some of it is intentional or subconsciously intentional.

Biden HATES being President. He hates responsibility and he hates work, as he has all of his life. Biden would much rather be vacationing for the rest of his life, and to be freed from the White House 'prison' in which his is currently confined and controlled. He wants out! And all of the obvious gaff after gaff are, in my opinion, A CRY FOR HELP. Just like a prisoner of war, Biden is telegraphing publicly that he wants to go home.

Biden is not a 'leader' by any definition, and he does not want to lead anything. He is much more comfortable in the background where can hide in the shadows and no one expects anything from him and he is never held 'responsible' for anything.

If one, settling a pillow or throwing off a shawl,
And turning toward the window, should say:
               “That is not it at all,
               That is not what I meant, at all.”

No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
Almost, at times, the Fool.

I grow old ... I grow old ...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 12:11:10 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline rustynail

Narrator reading Biden's citation, announces that the Medal of Honor is being awarded to Master Sgt. Earl Plumlee “posthumously.”

Plumlee is very much alive and standing right next to Biden.

https://mobile.twitter.com/charliespiering/status/1471571971469156355

Offline mountaineer

... Biden fumbled over his words while introducing key military officials.

"The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, the sec — the secretary of the — of the — sec — Secretary Austin, the enlisted adviser, Chairman Colon-Lopez, and leaders of the United States Army, and the Vice President of the United States and the Second Gentleman, and I'm Jill's husband, Jill is here," he said slowly.  ...

Cashe later died, and the Medal of Honor was accepted by Tamara Cashe.

However, Biden appeared to forget the departed soldier's name and referred to him as "Chase."

"Now, it's my great honor to ask for the citations to be read and award the Medal of Honor Sgt. 1st Class Alwyn' Chase.'" the president said.    ... Washington Examiner
So he calls the living honoree a dead man, screws up the name of the heroic Sgt. Cashe, and doesn't have a clue who his defense secretary is (and apparently doesn't want to mention his VP's name, either). Just another day in Dementialand.