Author Topic: Biden to offer warning to Putin  (Read 880 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to offer warning to Putin
« on: December 07, 2021, 02:50:01 pm »
Biden to offer warning to Putin
By Morgan Chalfant - 12/07/21 06:00 AM EST

President Biden will warn Russian President Vladimir Putin on a high-stakes video call Tuesday that the United States is prepared to impose harsh economic consequences on Moscow if it goes through with a military invasion of Ukraine.

Russia has amassed tens of thousands of troops on the border with its neighboring country, putting Washington and Europe on edge. Tuesday’s call represents a significant foreign policy moment for Biden, who saw his standing on the world stage take a hit over America’s retreat from Afghanistan in August.

Biden’s aim during Tuesday’s call, perhaps his most consequential moment with Putin so far in his presidency, is to stress to the Russian leader that he would pay a serious price for an invasion but that the United States prefers a diplomatic solution to the crisis, according to administration officials.

“He will make clear that there will be very real costs should Russia choose to proceed, but he will also make clear that there is an effective way forward with respect to diplomacy,” a senior Biden administration official told reporters.

Biden has seen his own political standing and approval ratings fall over the past several months, a decline that really picked up with the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/584612-biden-to-offer-warning-to-putin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden to offer warning to Putin
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 02:52:01 pm »
A demented, toothless, paper tiger wagging his shriveled finger at a strongman.

Yeah, that's gonna keep Putin in his place.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 02:55:50 pm »
Can't imagine that anyone in the world is intimidated by Biden and his 'woke joke' generals.
Once America surrendered in the most humiliating way to a group of 7th century goat herders, that was the end of America being taken seriously as a global power.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 03:50:34 pm »
Can't imagine that anyone in the world is intimidated by Biden and his 'woke joke' generals.
Once America surrendered in the most humiliating way to a group of 7th century goat herders, that was the end of America being taken seriously as a global power.

Besides, I am sure Vladimir Putin has seen Biden publicly speak many times and very well understands  what he’s dealing with
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 04:00:35 pm »
Putin to Biden: Finlandize Ukraine, or We Will
Townhall, Dec 7, 2021, Pat Buchanan

Either the U.S. and NATO provide us with "legal guarantees" that Ukraine will never join NATO or become a base for weapons that can threaten Russia -- or we will go in and guarantee it ourselves.

This is the message Russian President Vladimir Putin is sending, backed by the 100,000 troops Russia has amassed on Ukraine's borders.

At the Kremlin last week, Putin drew his red line:

"The threat on our western borders is ... rising, as we have said multiple times. ... In our dialogue with the United States and its allies, we will insist on developing concrete agreements prohibiting any further eastward expansion of NATO and the placement there of weapons systems in the immediate vicinity of Russian territory."

That comes close to an ultimatum. And NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg backhanded the President of Russia for issuing it:

"It's only Ukraine and 30 NATO allies that decide when Ukraine is ready to join NATO. ... Russia has no veto, Russia has no say, and Russia has no right to establish a sphere of influence trying to control their neighbors."

More:  https://townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/2021/12/07/putin-to-biden-finlandize-ukraine-or-we-will-n2600166

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 04:01:59 pm »
The only thing Putin has to worry about when it comes to Biden making threats is laughing so hard he wets his pants.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 04:02:38 pm »
The only thing Putin has to worry about when it comes to Biden making threats is laughing so hard he wets his pants.

Or snorts his tea (or vodka) out his nose.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021, 04:11:32 pm »
Why should the US care about Ukraine's borders.....when the US don't care about our own?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2021, 04:15:59 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1468212476248477705

I'm sure the NYT and the WaPo will do all in their power to paint FJB as some latter-day warrior saint, speaking words of wisdom to Putin.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2021, 04:38:24 pm »
ROFLAMO!

THAT's funny,I don't care who you are.

I doubt he can even remember who Putin is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2021, 05:05:06 pm »
I'm wondering if there will be sudden connection issues when Putin starts laughing at Joe?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 05:12:29 pm »
Putin One Ups Joe Biden Right out of the Gate in the Most Embarrassing Way Possible
By Sister Toldjah | Dec 07, 2021 12:00 PM ET
Red State

President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin held a virtual meeting/call today over the escalating tensions between Russia and Ukraine, a call brought on by U.S. intelligence reports that suggest Russia is preparing to amass 175,000 troops at the border in a matter of a few months.   ...

Though it’s understandable that calls of such a sensitive nature between world leaders are not broadcast in full for the everyone to hear, one would think that in the interest of transparency the American press would get to document at least the start of it, if for no other reason to snag a quick video and a few photos as well as to get a general idea as to the moods of those participating on the call before the muscle-flexing and head-butting begins.

But that didn’t happen today. At least not with the American press. Unbelievably (or entirely believable considering the Biden administration’s open hostility to what typically has been a friendly-to-Biden/Dems press corps), the first glimpse the American people got of the call came through not anyone with the U.S. press but instead Russian state TV.  ...

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1468240825364721671

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2021, 06:37:23 pm »
Putin knows that Joe is a joke which is very unsettling.  Who will attack us first, China or Russia??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2021, 06:46:50 pm »
Putin knows that Joe is a joke which is very unsettling.  Who will attack us first, China or Russia??

Doubtful that either would attack the U.S. directly, at least at this juncture.  They have other interests closer to home that they're more interested in pursuing, like Ukraine (for Russia) and Taiwan (for China).

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2021, 06:49:18 pm »
Putin better straighten up or we will send our big guns (pelosi/hitlary) to take care of him...

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2021, 06:50:30 pm »
Putin better straighten up or we will send our big guns (pelosi/hitlary) to take care of him...

Nah, Hunter will publicly refuse to sell Putin any of his precious artwork!  That will show Putin!

Online LMAO

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2021, 07:08:06 pm »
Putin knows that Joe is a joke which is very unsettling.

Along with the Chinese, the Iranians, the N Koreans, the Taliban......

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2021, 08:46:41 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2021, 09:00:08 pm »
Biden to speak Thursday with Ukrainian president after call with Putin

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/584756-biden-to-speak-thursday-with-ukrainian-president-after-call-with
Is this a set up to allow biden to gain peace maker creds?

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2021, 09:10:03 pm »
Doubtful that either would attack the U.S. directly, at least at this juncture.  They have other interests closer to home that they're more interested in pursuing, like Ukraine (for Russia) and Taiwan (for China).

Joe displayed his inability to effectively handle the U.S. pulling out of Afghanistan. Our allies are no more because he turned on them.

With Joe and Milley's lack of leadership, I think both Russia and China know that right now the U.S. is ripe for the taking. With no true allies left, who would even help us??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2021, 09:17:55 pm »
Joe displayed his inability to effectively handle the U.S. pulling out of Afghanistan. Our allies are no more because he turned on them.

With Joe and Milley's lack of leadership, I think both Russia and China know that right now the U.S. is ripe for the taking. With no true allies left, who would even help us??

WADR, I don't think an invasion of the U.S. is forthcoming.  Regardless of the 'woke' rot at the top, the U.S. military is, in general, a top-notch force, and they would be fighting for their homes, not just some far-off outpost where they've been told, contrary to all appearances, the U.S. has an interest.

Besides which, what would that gain them, other than a huge war - WWIII on steroids - total consumption of their existing forces, and possibly a nuclear exchange.

And for what?  For land that isn't contiguous with their current boundaries, and which would be full of resistance movements?

They have better things to spend treasure and military forces on, and those don't currently involve an invasion of the U.S.

What they do involve, is Russia gaining effective control over Ukraine, and possibly other near east European countries, and China finally bringing Taiwan back into the family fold.