Author Topic: David Perdue to Launch Campaign Against Gov. Brian Kemp in Georgia Gubernatorial Race  (Read 297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David Perdue to Launch Campaign Against Gov. Brian Kemp in Georgia Gubernatorial Race

Ashley Oliver 5 Dec 2021

Former Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) is expected to announce on Monday that he is running for governor of Georgia in 2022, according to multiple reports.

Perdue will seek to unseat incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp (R) in the primary, and, should Perdue win the primary, he would compete with the leading Democrat contender, activist Stacey Abrams.

Perdue, a wealthy businessman who was elected to the U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2014, ran for reelection in 2020, and although he initially finished ahead of now-Sen. Jon Ossoff (D-GA) in November, Perdue did not reach the 50 percent needed to clinch a victory under Georgia law. The election moved to a runoff round, where Ossoff defeated Perdue by a razor-thin margin of about one point.

The race, along with the concurrent runoff between now-Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA) and former Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA), captivated the country as the 50–48 Republican–Democrat divide in the Senate meant the runoffs would determine the Senate majority. Loeffler, like Perdue, narrowly lost her race.

The stunning defeats in the historically red state came after President Joe Biden was certified as the winner over former President Donald Trump in a presidential race so close it underwent two recounts and dozens of investigations because of widespread Republican concerns with voter fraud.

Trump has repeatedly targeted Kemp over the election results after he called on Kemp to hold a special legislative session about the election, which Kemp never did, maintaining that it would have defied Georgia law.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/12/05/david-perdue-launch-campaign-against-gov-brian-kemp-georgia-gubernatorial-race/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

If I had to choose between the two, I would choose Kemp.  But not by much.  If Perdue had put up a fight, he would still be in the US Senate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If I had to choose between the two, I would choose Kemp.  But not by much.  If Perdue had put up a fight, he would still be in the US Senate.

Agree. If I lived in GA, Perdue would have to convince me.
The Republic is lost.