Author Topic: Has Omicron killed Christmas? Businesses across America are forced to decide whether or not to throw  (Read 223 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Has Omicron killed Christmas? Businesses across America are forced to decide whether or not to throw holiday parties as 'super-mutant' variant begins its US spread. But is it all one big overreaction?

White House officials are discussing having events on the South Lawn and requiring negative COVID tests
    Baltimore's New Year's Eve Spectacular was canceled, again, as city officials said things won't return to normal until 2022 due to the pandemic
    NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city's New Year's Eve outdoor party at Times Square is still on and masks aren't required for vaccinated people
    In Europe and the UK, there are more heightened fears after a party in Norway infected 60 of the 120 guests
    There is confusing messaging from officials - Fauci said socializing was fine, but to wear masks indoors if you can't be sure everyone around you is vaccinated
    The first case of Omicron has been detected in California but it remains to be seen how deadly the virus is   
    Tech companies are being tight lipped on whether or not they are holding staff events this year 

By Ronny Reyes For Dailymail.Com

Published: 11:48 EST, 2 December 2021 | Updated: 14:50 EST, 2 December 2021

Omicron has thrown the holiday season into chaos with confusion over whether or not people should be gathering en-masse that is forcing companies, local governments and even the White House to reconsider festive parties for staff.   

According to officials cited by The Hill, White House staffers - who ordinarily arrange over 100 parties per holiday season - are discussing having events outdoors on the South Lawn and asking people to provide proof of a negative test before they arrive. Nothing has been announced yet but an announcement on the roster of parties is expected in the next few days.

The staffers' panic mimics that of company event planners across the country, and city and state officials who have scrapped public gatherings for fear of a mass outbreak. In Baltimore, the annual New Year's Eve Spectacular fireworks display has been canceled due to COVID concerns.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10267593/Baltimore-cancels-New-Years-Eve-fireworks-Omicron-hit-US.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

It's a total overreaction, being goaded on by the arrogant ignorance of the government.

Offline libertybele

It's a total overreaction, being goaded on by the arrogant ignorance of the government.

Yes it's a total overreaction and if people can see what's going on, then they are just plain stupid.  There's no changing stupid.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

It is a mild cold.  I believe I had it.  Sneezing a few time's with runny nose about one day and a half.  DONE.  No fever, nothing. Just a few sneezes.  As septuagenarian,  I had about all cold virus's. lol

Offline Kamaji

Yes it's a total overreaction and if people can see what's going on, then they are just plain stupid.  There's no changing stupid.

@libertybele

I believe you meant "can't see what's going on" and not "can see what's going on", correct?

Offline LegalAmerican

888high58888. Agree.  I read somewhere to  the word spells,  MORONIC.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 09:37:03 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

I believe you meant "can't see what's going on" and not "can see what's going on", correct?

Yes, that's what I meant -- typing too fast.  Thanks for the correction.   :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At what point do these people write all of this off as a failure?

I mean, the vaccine was the last resort. When lockdown failed, masking failed, and now the vaccines failed... there's nothing further that can be done. That was the premise of cooperating with all this nonsense to begin with: that it was temporary. There's no other magic bullet in the future that is going to allow us to safely gather indoors. This is officially forever.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Once again it’s time to gin up the fear.
I have no intention of playing along.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

At what point do these people write all of this off as a failure?

I mean, the vaccine was the last resort. When lockdown failed, masking failed, and now the vaccines failed... there's nothing further that can be done. That was the premise of cooperating with all this nonsense to begin with: that it was temporary. There's no other magic bullet in the future that is going to allow us to safely gather indoors. This is officially forever.

There is:  natural immunity from exposure, plus the natural tendency of virii to miitgate their virulence in favor of contagiousness.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Omicron has downsized Christmas.

I'll gather with family; not with co-workers.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.