Author Topic: Cheney warns of consequences for Trump in dealings with Jan. 6 committee  (Read 143 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney warns of consequences for Trump in dealings with Jan. 6 committee
By Rebecca Beitsch - 12/01/21 08:09 PM EST

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), the vice chair of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, suggested Wednesday that former President Trump could be held responsible for any falsehoods exchanged with the panel.

“President Trump continues to make the same false claims about a stolen election with which he has misled millions of Americans. These are the same claims he knows provoked violence in the past.  He has recently suggested that he wants to debate members of this committee,” Cheney said.

“This committee's investigation into the violent assault on our Capitol on January 6 is not a game. When this committee convenes hearings, witnesses will be called to testify under oath. Any communications Mr. Trump has with this committee will be under oath. And if he persists in lying then he will be accountable under the laws of this great nation and subject to criminal penalties for every false word he speaks.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/583933-cheney-warns-of-consequences-for-trump-in-dealings-with-jan-6
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Cheney warns of consequences for Trump in dealings with Jan. 6 committee
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 01:28:45 am »
They don't stop.
------------
LegalAmerican
6:05 PM - Today#1
POLITICS      PUBLISHED: 2:03 PM 6 JAN 2021  UPDATED: 10:20 PM 6 JAN 2021
President Trump Says Go Home: Antifa Infiltrators Storm Capitol, “These Aren’t Patriots”
God help us… it looks like evil will win and the revival of the United States has been successfully snuffed.
 by Georgette

Well, we knew it was going to happen… antifa agitators disguised as ‘maga’ supporters stormed the capitol building and caused the shooting of at least one woman.

Update: Police let them in:
Now, the president (in the most defeated video I’ve ever seen) has told supporters to go home.

Earlier, he called in the national guard. Just The News reported:
At President @realDonaldTrump’s direction, the National Guard is on the way along with other federal protective services. We reiterate President Trump’s call against violence and to remain peaceful.— Kayleigh McEnany (@PressSec) January 6, 2021

I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 6, 2021

Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 6, 2021

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) also urged protestors to remain peaceful, tweeting out “Thank you to the Capitol Police for protecting the People’s House. Protestors have a Constitutionally-protected right to be heard, but I urge them to remain peaceful.”

Earlier, Congress halted the electoral college vote certification as lawmakers in both chambers were evacuated from the House and Senate floors to their offices. Some have been given gas masks to shield them from the tear gas being deployed by the Capitol police.

Other voices from the Senate GOP caucus have released statements urging peace and lawful behavior as protestors continue to clash with Capitol police.

Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, who led a group of Senators today in contesting the electoral college slate certification, tweeted that “those storming the Capitol need to stop NOW.”

Those storming the Capitol need to stop NOW. The Constitution protects peaceful protest, but violence—from Left or Right— is ALWAYS wrong.And those engaged in violence are hurting the cause they say they support.— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) January 6, 2021

(I always personally loathe when people/polIticians talk like this, as IF "ANY RIGHT"...would behave like that. Playing both sides. COWARDS.  These are NOT RIGHTS.  One can tell by their dress, demeanor and tats. ALL CRAZY ANTIFA !=L.A.)

pic.twitter.com/Pm2PKV0Fp3
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 6, 2021

Backwards maga hat:

Pence Was In On The Coup? Charge With Treason: Rosenstein, Pence Coup Linked To Rich Murder
Mask Mandates Explained: CA Made $1 Billion Deal With China For Face Masks

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 02:46:07 am »
Is this the type of infighting McCarthy was warning Republicans to stop?   :pondering:

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 04:17:45 am »
I'm really starting to loathe that woman.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 05:00:26 am »
I have a feeling this won't play well in Wyoming...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 05:34:02 am »
Is this the type of infighting McCarthy was warning Republicans to stop?   :pondering:

lol. Kevin is on my shyte list. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 05:34:49 am »
I'm really starting to loathe that woman.

:thumbsup: