Author Topic: Pelosi: Democrats can't allow 'indecent' Boebert comments to stand  (Read 349 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Democrats can't allow 'indecent' Boebert comments to stand
By Mike Lillis - 12/01/21 01:28 PM EST

As Democratic leaders weigh potential punitive action against Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) for her recent Islamophobic remarks, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) suggested Wednesday that one option is off the table: doing nothing.

"These people do not respect the House that they serve in. We have to make sure that the public understands that we do," Pelosi told House Democrats during a closed-door meeting in the basement of the Capitol.

Democratic leaders have been so far cautious in their approach to the uproar over Boebert, who drew widespread criticism in recent days after suggesting to constituents that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), one of three Muslims in Congress, poses a threat of terrorist violence. The publicity surrounding the incident sparked death threats against Omar, a former Somali refugee.

Pelosi and other Democratic leaders quickly issued a statement condemning Boebert's remarks in sharp terms, but they've stopped short of taking the same disciplinary action they applied to Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), both of whom were stripped of their committee assignments this year for promoting violent rhetoric and imagery against Democratic lawmakers.

Instead, Democrats are pressing House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to sanction Boebert unilaterally. McCarthy has sought to ease the tensions privately, but has not publicly condemned her bigoted remarks.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/583834-pelosi-democrats-cant-allow-indecent-boebert-comments-to-stand
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Pelosi: Democrats can't allow 'indecent' Boebert comments to stand
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 06:58:06 pm »
The party of Bill Clinton, the squad, and the likes of Maxine Waters is in no position to dictate to others what’s indecent
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 06:59:46 pm »
Another motion to censure, and strip committee assignments?

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 09:05:42 pm »
What comment are they talking about?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 10:50:57 pm »
Do you see what apologizing for nothing gets you, Lauren?  Think how things would have been different if you had just told the Rats to pound sand.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 11:30:13 pm »
Do you see what apologizing for nothing gets you, Lauren?  Think how things would have been different if you had just told the Rats to pound sand.

Great point!  I agree.   888high58888

She told the truth.  What is so offensive?  Muslims believe in JIHAD.  They are commanded to do it!

First item in SHARIA LAW.   We just don't know, who, will get the spark.  There is an M.O. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 11:35:18 pm »
Omar is a muslim.  What was so offensive?  34 commands in SHARIA LAW.  # 1. JIHAD.
-----------------------------------------------
Imam Feisal Abdel Rauf claims that the U.S. constitution is Sharia compliant. Now let us examine below a few laws of Sharia to see how truthful Imam Rauf is:

1- Jihad, defined as “to war against non-Muslims to establish the religion,” is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (Caliph). Muslim Caliphs who refuse jihad are in violation of Sharia and unfit to rule.

2- A Caliph can hold office through seizure of power meaning through force.

3- A Caliph is exempt from being charged with serious crimes such as murder, adultery, robbery, theft, drinking and in some cases of rape.

4- A percentage of Zakat (charity money) must go towards jihad.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 11:36:07 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 11:41:32 pm »
Legal A wrote:
"First item in SHARIA LAW.   We just don't know, who, will get the spark"

"Every 'moderate' Muslim is a potential terrorist. The belief in Islam is like a tank of gasoline. It looks innocuous, until it meets the fire. For a 'moderate' Muslim to become a murderous jihadist, all it takes is a spark of faith.
It is time to put an end to the charade of "moderate Islam." There is no such thing as moderate Muslim. Muslims are either jihadists or dormant jihadists - moderate, they are not."

-- Ali Sini
(Ali Sini is head of Faith Freedom International. FFI is a grassroots worldwide movement of ex-Muslims and all those who are concerned about the rise of the Islamic threat.)

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 11:52:33 pm »
Legal A wrote:
"First item in SHARIA LAW.   We just don't know, who, will get the spark"

"Every 'moderate' Muslim is a potential terrorist. The belief in Islam is like a tank of gasoline. It looks innocuous, until it meets the fire. For a 'moderate' Muslim to become a murderous jihadist, all it takes is a spark of faith.
It is time to put an end to the charade of "moderate Islam." There is no such thing as moderate Muslim. Muslims are either jihadists or dormant jihadists - moderate, they are not."

-- Ali Sini
(Ali Sini is head of Faith Freedom International. FFI is a grassroots worldwide movement of ex-Muslims and all those who are concerned about the rise of the Islamic threat.)
:thumbsup: All muslims are terrorists.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 11:53:55 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2021, 01:00:42 am »
Another motion to censure, and strip committee assignments?

Coming soon.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2021, 01:48:21 am »
This is why I like WILL so much!  He is great.
----------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr326UNO_4I

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 01:51:22 am »

The LYING LEFT....now claim Lauren, never apologized.  I hope she has learned.  NEVER APOLOGIZE TO ANY LEFT!   

GO TO ABOUT 11;02.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr326UNO_4I

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 05:32:09 am »
Here is what she said.  It is true.  "she doesn't have a back pack, so we are safe'.  IT IS FUNNY.  I DON'T SUPPORT INGRAM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_OksqVXa1c

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2021, 06:08:53 am »
Here is what she said.  It is true.  "she doesn't have a back pack, so we are safe'.  IT IS FUNNY.  I DON'T SUPPORT INGRAM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_OksqVXa1c
So where is the anti Muslim islamaphobic insult? Omar didn't have on a backpack so it was a true statement. She could have called Omar a lying hypocritical terrorist and she would have been truthful again.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2021, 06:23:50 am »
So where is the anti Muslim islamaphobic insult? Omar didn't have on a backpack so it was a true statement. She could have called Omar a lying hypocritical terrorist and she would have been truthful again.

:thumbsup:  As a woman, WHY,  would I want islam?  SHARIA LAW?  INSANE.  I am afraid with cause.
 www.thereligionofpeace.com   AKA...PIECES.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2021, 12:46:42 pm »
I thought it was funny. Unfortunately, some people have NO sense of humor.
Look out, they'll be going after Jeff Dunham next.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 01:11:50 pm »
If you want respect, be respectful of the country and opinions different than your own.

Seems this is a new concept to dems.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:17:35 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 02:03:02 pm »

She needs to take a page out of Matt Walsh's book. One fine example:

Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
This tweet has gotten a very angry response and many people have told me that they find it offensive and hurtful. Upon further reflection I just want to say that if a basic observation like this offends you, you’re the problem. I certainly do not remotely apologize.

8:43 PM · May 4, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 02:03:38 pm »
She needs to take a page out of Matt Walsh's book. One fine example:

Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
This tweet has gotten a very angry response and many people have told me that they find it offensive and hurtful. Upon further reflection I just want to say that if a basic observation like this offends you, you’re the problem. I certainly do not remotely apologize.

8:43 PM · May 4, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

:thumbsup:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2021, 02:52:35 pm »
Yet she is perfectly ok with Schumer publicly threatening members of the Supreme Court

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAe6-JIT6s
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington