Author Topic: Bidenflation: Home Construction Spending Slumps Despite House Shortage Pushing Prices Sky High  (Read 169 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bidenflation: Home Construction Spending Slumps Despite House Shortage Pushing Prices Sky High

John Carney 1 Dec 2021

Homebuilders pulled back on construction spending in October despite robust demand for houses that has pushed home prices up more than 19 percent compared with a year ago.

Spending on new single-family home construction by the private sector slumped 0.8 percent compared with September, according to data released Wednesday by the Census Bureau. Spending on multi-family construction fell 0.1 percent.

The Census Bureau data are seasonally adjusted. On an unadjusted basis, single-family home construction spending by the private sector fell by nearly 2.5 percent.

Overall construction spending rose 0.2 in October due to an increase in government spending. Public-sector construction spending rose by a seasonally adjusted 0.4 percent. Highway and street spending rose 2.4 percent seasonally adjusted.

Seasonal adjustments, however, played a big role in that figure. Unadjusted, overall public sector construction spending fell 5.7 percent and highway spending crashed 8.8 percent. One way of interpreting the gap between the adjusted and unadjusted figures is that the decline in spending before adjustments was much less than would be seasonally expected as summer moved into autumn.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/12/01/bidenflation-home-construction-spending-slumps-despite-house-shortage-pushing-prices-sky-high/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

It seems our elected class is determined  to make the American dream a chapter in the history books
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy