Author Topic: Legacy of 7 Justices: More Than 62 Million Dead Babies  (Read 57 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Legacy of 7 Justices: More Than 62 Million Dead Babies
« on: December 01, 2021, 02:31:08 pm »
Legacy of 7 Justices: More Than 62 Million Dead Babies
Terry Jeffrey

Posted: Dec 01, 2021 12:01 AM

After President Richard Nixon appointed then-Appellate Court Judge Harry Blackmun to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1970, Blackmun somehow convinced members of the U.S. Senate that he embraced judicial restraint and felt a duty to protect "little persons."

When Blackmun's nomination came up for a vote, Democratic Sen. John McClellan of Arkansas made the case for confirmation.

"He does not believe it is either the duty or the prerogative of the Court to change the historical interpretations of the Constitution so as to be tantamount to amending that great document by edicts and decree," said McClellan. "For these basic principles of judicial integrity, I commend him and respect him."

McClellan then quoted a statement Blackmun had made during the confirmation process about how important the Supreme Court was to "little persons."

"What comes through to me most clearly is the utter respect which the little person has for the Supreme Court of the United States, and I think that the little person feels this is the real bastion of freedom and protection of strength in this nation," Blackmun had said, according to the Congressional Record.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/terryjeffrey/2021/12/01/legacy-of-7-justices-more-than-62-million-dead-babies-n2599888
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34