Author Topic: Texas State Troopers “Overwhelmed” Securing the Border  (Read 106 times)

rangerrebew

Texas State Troopers “Overwhelmed” Securing the Border
« on: November 30, 2021, 07:26:23 pm »
Texas State Troopers “Overwhelmed” Securing the Border
It’s not their job but they are doing it anyway, with no thanks from the president
By Andrew R. Arthur on November 24, 2021

In a November 22 article captioned “State troopers overwhelmed with rising illegal migration in West Texas”, the Washington Examiner explained how, despite the surge of state troopers sent to the border by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), those officers are struggling to keep up with the flood of illegal migrants attempting to make their way into the interior of the United States. Of course, securing the border is not their job to begin with, which makes the article all the more exasperating.

Thanks to the efforts of the Texas DPS, I was embedded with troopers when I travelled to Del Rio, Texas, in August. As I wrote at the time, there was little evidence of the border there, with few Border Patrol agents “on the line”, either by the international boundary at the Rio Grande or on the streets—a jarring image given their ubiquity during my prior trip there, four years before.

That is not to say that Border Patrol agents were not working. They were working, and hard, processing and caring for thousands of migrants who had turned themselves in with the (reasonable) expectation that they will be quickly released into the United States. That leaves agents little time to actually patrol the border, however.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Texas-State-Troopers-Overwhelmed-Securing-Border