Author Topic: Business Insider: ‘Electric Vehicles Won’t Save Us — We Need to Get Rid of Cars Completely’  (Read 318 times)

rangerrebew

Business Insider: ‘Electric Vehicles Won’t Save Us — We Need to Get Rid of Cars Completely’
5 hours ago
Guest Blogger

Reposted from Climate Depot

Paris Marx writing in Business Insider: “Making transit available within a 10-minute walk of people’s homes would not only encourage its use and create tens of millions of jobs, but could begin to transform our relationship to mobility. … There was a moment during the pandemic where it felt that change was not only possible, but was happening in front of our very eyes. Streets were closed to vehicles so people had space to move, and temporary bike lanes were thrown up to encourage cycling. …

We should seize this opportunity to challenge the past century of auto-oriented planning and emphasize walking, cycling, and transit use over driving. Not only would people’s quality of life improve, but if we’re serious about taking on the climate crisis, we need to significantly reduce the number of cars and SUVs on the road — regardless of what powers them.”

#

You Were Warned!

Flashback: Dem presidential candidate Andrew Yang: Climate Change May Require Elimination of Car Ownership – Suggests ‘constant roving fleet of electric cars’– “We might not own our own cars.”

UK funded 2019 report ‘Absolute Zero’ urged climate lockdowns: ‘Stop flying…no new roads, airport closures…stop eating beef & lamb…stop doing anything that causes emissions’ – Regulate CO2 similar to ‘asbestos’Climate lockdown: ‘It’s Time To Ban The Sale Of Pickup Trucks’ – ‘Shift away from relying on private vehicles entirely’

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/11/30/business-insider-electric-vehicles-wont-save-us-we-need-to-get-rid-of-cars-completely/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm gettin' old, but at least I got to live in an era of freedom.

Very soon, all that will be gone -- taken away.

What could have stopped them from "taking it away" ...?

Offline Absalom

No need to eradicate cars, however railroads could be encouraged to revive.
The usual boobs, who have never left their town/village, will laugh hysterically, confirming their ignorance.
Having been to some 100+ countries, the railroad is at the core of their transportation systems and mixes
effortlessly w/cars and planes. Maybe we'll wake up some day???

Offline LegalAmerican

Business Insider: ‘Electric Vehicles Won’t Save Us — We Need to Get Rid of Cars Completely’
5 hours ago
Guest Blogger

Reposted from Climate Depot

Paris Marx writing in Business Insider: “Making transit available within a 10-minute walk of people’s homes would not only encourage its use and create tens of millions of jobs, but could begin to transform our relationship to mobility. … There was a moment during the pandemic where it felt that change was not only possible, but was happening in front of our very eyes. Streets were closed to vehicles so people had space to move, and temporary bike lanes were thrown up to encourage cycling. …

We should seize this opportunity to challenge the past century of auto-oriented planning and emphasize walking, cycling, and transit use over driving. Not only would people’s quality of life improve, but if we’re serious about taking on the climate crisis, we need to significantly reduce the number of cars and SUVs on the road — regardless of what powers them.”

#

You Were Warned!

Flashback: Dem presidential candidate Andrew Yang: Climate Change May Require Elimination of Car Ownership – Suggests ‘constant roving fleet of electric cars’– “We might not own our own cars.”

UK funded 2019 report ‘Absolute Zero’ urged climate lockdowns: ‘Stop flying…no new roads, airport closures…stop eating beef & lamb…stop doing anything that causes emissions’ – Regulate CO2 similar to ‘asbestos’Climate lockdown: ‘It’s Time To Ban The Sale Of Pickup Trucks’ – ‘Shift away from relying on private vehicles entirely’

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/11/30/business-insider-electric-vehicles-wont-save-us-we-need-to-get-rid-of-cars-completely/

Excuse me. NOTHING AGAINST YOU.  YOU ARE JUST THE MESSENGER.  BACK TO FUEDAL LIVING.

:3:

Offline LegalAmerican

No need to eradicate cars, however railroads could be encouraged to revive.
The usual boobs, who have never left their town/village, will laugh hysterically, confirming their ignorance.
Having been to some 100+ countries, the railroad is at the core of their transportation systems and mixes
effortlessly w/cars and planes. Maybe we'll wake up some day???

Biting my tongue.  you are a flaming...LEFTIST.  You make a good marxist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

Offline ironhorsedriver

I live 40 miles from the city, 15 miles to a small town. Horseback just won't do it for me.

Offline Absalom

Biting my tongue.  you are a flaming...LEFTIST.  You make a good marxist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c
---------------------------
Both Russell Kirk and Bill Buckley were personal friends and colleagues.
Hmm..........obviously you never tire of making an absurdity of yourself.
Or perhaps you're auditioning for some Hollywood absurdity.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 07:03:10 pm by Absalom »

Offline LegalAmerican

I live 40 miles from the city, 15 miles to a small town. Horseback just won't do it for me.

:silly:   All the LEFTS....would love that for you.  They want as back in caves.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

:silly:   All the LEFTS....would love that for you.  They want as back in caves.
Sorry, there just aren't enough caves to go around...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

Sorry, there just aren't enough caves to go around...

888high58888 :silly: