Author Topic: Biden says 'consumer spending has recovered' to pre-pandemic levels  (Read 270 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says 'consumer spending has recovered' to pre-pandemic levels
By Alex Gangitano - 11/29/21 03:36 PM EST

President Biden on Monday met with 10 CEOs from major retailers and grocers to discuss the holiday shopping season, touting the success of last week's Black Friday sales.

“Consumer spending has recovered to where it was headed before the pandemic. Early estimates are that Black Friday sales were up nearly a third since last year and in-store sales were up by even more than that,” Biden said.

Eight CEOs sat at the table with Biden, including Best Buy's Corie Barry, Samsung's KS Choi and Kroger's Rodney McMullen, with others joining virtually. Brian Deese, director of the National Economic Council, and Cedric Richmond, Biden's senior adviser, also participated in the meeting.

Biden said the White House is hearing “similar reports” regarding Small Business Saturday sales.

“I'm sure some people watching us online are also doing a little Cyber Monday shopping right now, and that’s why I brought everyone together today,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/583422-biden-says-consumer-spending-has-recovered-to-pre-pandemic-levels-in
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: Biden says 'consumer spending has recovered' to pre-pandemic levels
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 09:07:14 pm »
Well, since inflation is skyrocketing, the raw figures are misleading.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 09:39:26 pm »
Once again Joe is pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.

The wife and I have a small "cottage business" where we sell our goods at Craft Fairs, Special events and weekly Farmers Markets.  For the last 10 weeks we have seen a significant decline in  over-all sales.  Also the average sale price per customer has fallen.  We have to work two days now to bring in what we did in one day last hear at this time. 

So no Joe, what you are saying is total and unmitigated bullshit.  Your policies may not be effecting the big boys but small businesses are taking it in the shorts.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 11:06:00 pm »
Precisely. We may be spending the same amount, but we are not getting as much for it at the grocery store or the gas pump.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 11:11:21 pm »
Once again Joe is pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining.

The wife and I have a small "cottage business" where we sell our goods at Craft Fairs, Special events and weekly Farmers Markets.  For the last 10 weeks we have seen a significant decline in  over-all sales.  Also the average sale price per customer has fallen.  We have to work two days now to bring in what we did in one day last hear at this time. 

So no Joe, what you are saying is total and unmitigated bullshit.  Your policies may not be effecting the big boys but small businesses are taking it in the shorts.

:beer: 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 11:53:13 pm »
... because everything costs more due to Biden's anti-supply-side economic policies.

Scarcity creates value.  If you want stuff to cost less, you make more of it ... like gasoline, diesel fuel, and home heating oil, for example.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 01:47:28 am »
Biden says 'consumer spending has recovered' to pre-pandemic levels
By Alex Gangitano - 11/29/21 03:36 PM EST

President Biden on Monday met with 10 CEOs from major retailers and grocers to discuss the holiday shopping season, touting the success of last week's Black Friday sales.

“Consumer spending has recovered to where it was headed before the pandemic. Early estimates are that Black Friday sales were up nearly a third since last year and in-store sales were up by even more than that,” Biden said.

Eight CEOs sat at the table with Biden, including Best Buy's Corie Barry, Samsung's KS Choi and Kroger's Rodney McMullen, with others joining virtually. Brian Deese, director of the National Economic Council, and Cedric Richmond, Biden's senior adviser, also participated in the meeting.

Biden said the White House is hearing “similar reports” regarding Small Business Saturday sales.

“I'm sure some people watching us online are also doing a little Cyber Monday shopping right now, and that’s why I brought everyone together today,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/583422-biden-says-consumer-spending-has-recovered-to-pre-pandemic-levels-in

You know, I just can't...anymore..... :mauslaff:

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 12:19:29 pm »
Actually, the economy is doing very well.

It seems to be our nature to believe that everything is bad when “our” guy isn’t in the White House, But despite the roadblocks this administration wants to put in the way through regulations and mandates, most of the data points to a decent economy.

Oh I know ….inflation. And that looks to get worse and it’s a threat to people’s standard of living. And this administration is looking at more taxes and the disastrous BBB plus more regulations on energy producers

But today, the economy is doing pretty good
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 01:44:29 pm »
Yeah, when meat, for example, is 50% higher than last year, it does tend to add up.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 06:38:01 pm »
In fact, Barack Obama will probably hold the title of overseen the worst recovery post World War II.

Politicians in general like to take credit for the good and blame their predecessors for the bad and Biden appears to be no exception.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy