Author Topic: Samsung To Build $17 Billion Fab in Taylor, Texas  (Read 243 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Samsung To Build $17 Billion Fab in Taylor, Texas
« on: November 23, 2021, 10:35:07 pm »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 11/23/2021

Reports indicate that semiconductor giant Samsung has picked Taylor, Texas as the site for a $17 billion wafer fabrication plant.

In recent days, Williamson County and the city of Taylor had seemed to emerge as the frontrunner to land a $17 billion chipmaking plant planned by Samsung.

Now, it seems the technology giant has indeed picked the small Central Texas city as the site for its next major operation, according to media reports.

Citing unnamed sources with knowledge of the decision, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday night that Samsung has picked Taylor over sites in Austin, Arizona and New York.

Samsung has not formally confirmed the decision, and a company spokesperson did not immediately respond to messages left by the American-Statesman on Monday evening. However, the announcement is expected to be made in a news conference with Gov. Greg Abbott at the Texas Capitol on Tuesday afternoon.

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=49837

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Samsung To Build $17 Billion Fab in Taylor, Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 10:37:43 pm »
$17B?

Wow...  that is not small beans for a manufacturing facility.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Re: Samsung To Build $17 Billion Fab in Taylor, Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 11:43:40 pm »
$17B?

Wow...  that is not small beans for a manufacturing facility.

Chip fabs are fabulously expensive.  I believe Texas Instruments is spending $32 billion on a fab campus in the U.S. as well.