Author Topic: AOC sparks fury by demanding reform of NYC's 'excessive' bail laws - a day after Waukesha SUV driver  (Read 133 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC sparks fury by demanding reform of NYC's 'excessive' bail laws - a day after Waukesha SUV driver out on $1K bond killed five: Rep. Tlaib defends bill that would close ALL federal jails

Rashida Tlaib and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez were blasted on social media
    Two 'squad' members touted criminal justice reform measures on Monday
    AOC lamented 'excessive bail' imposed by prosecutors in New York City
    Tlaib said she supported proposal to close federal prisons within 10 years
    Comments by lawmakers were made a day after Waukesha, Wisconsin tragedy
    Police said Darrell Brooks Jr, 39, mowed down scores of paradegoers on Sunday
    Five people died and 48 others were injured in the horrific tragedy in Wisconsin
    Brooks was out on $1,000 bail at the time of the parade tragedy in Waukesha 

By Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com

Published: 23:32 EST, 22 November 2021 | Updated: 08:44 EST, 23 November 2021

Two members of the Democratic Party ‘squad’ are touting their views in favor of abolishing federal prisons and quashing ‘excessive bail’ just a day after a convicted felon who was out on bail mowed down scores of people with his SUV in suburban Milwaukee, killing five.

House Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez provoked rage on social media on Monday for demanding answers on ‘excessive bail’ that is imposed by prosecutors in New York City on Monday.

Meanwhile, fellow ‘squad’ member House Rep. Rashida Tlaib, the Democrat from Michigan, had trouble explaining her support for a law that would empty federal prisons within a period of 10 years.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10232605/Rashida-Tlaib-AOC-demand-criminal-justice-reforms-day-Waukesha-tragedy.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
AOC sparks fury by demanding reform of NYC's 'excessive' bail laws - a day after Waukesha SUV driver out on $1K bond killed five....

House Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez provoked rage on social media on Monday for demanding answers on ‘excessive bail’ that is imposed by prosecutors in New York City on Monday.

I don't know how they do it in NYC, but I certainly think $2 million was very excessive bail for Kyle Rittenhouse.  I'm sure AOC would agree that was a clear example of excessive bail................
James 1:20

Offline DefiantMassRINO

AOC, here's what happens when Dems are soft on crime ...

Willie Horton 1988 Attack Ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9KMSSEZ0Y

... good luck with that in 2022.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online LMAO

One of the things that plagued the Democrat Party in the 70s and 80s was they were viewed as soft on crime.

The current bunch are much worse than the 1970s Democrat Party

It seems like they believe the reason why they lost in 2021 and why 2020 wasn’t a blue wave they envisioned  is because they didn’t get radical enough
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

One of the things that plagued the Democrat Party in the 70s and 80s was they were viewed as soft on crime.

The current bunch are much worse than the 1970s Democrat Party

It seems like they believe the reason why they lost in 2021 and why 2020 wasn’t a blue wave they envisioned  is because they didn’t get radical enough

We are very much going back to the future of the 1970s right now, courtesy of the democrat party and its lib/prog wing.

What we need now is the latter-day version of Ronald Reagan to step up into the vacuum being created. 

Online LMAO

We are very much going back to the future of the 1970s right now, courtesy of the democrat party and its lib/prog wing.

What we need now is the latter-day version of Ronald Reagan to step up into the vacuum being created.

We also need a Congress that’s willing to take an ax to the federal budget. This inflation we are seeing in the result of printing money to pay for things we can no longer afford. And there’s just not enough taxation, despite their budgeting gimmicks, that will pay for these programs

It’s one thing to help out a guy who got hurt on the job and can’t work anymore. Nobody wants him to end up homeless and hungry. But it’s creating more and more people who are dependent on the federal government that’s been the problem.

And the first programs that are going to need serious reforming our Social Security and Medicare. No more promises of not touching Social Security or Medicare. It’s a promise that can’t be kept
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy