Author Topic: W.H. Council of Economic Advisers Chair: ‘A Lot’ of Inflation ‘Is Due to the Strong Support We Gave  (Read 130 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
W.H. Council of Economic Advisers Chair: ‘A Lot’ of Inflation ‘Is Due to the Strong Support We Gave to Households’

Ian Hanchett 22 Nov 2021

On Monday’s edition of NPR’s “All Things Considered,” White House Council of Economic Advisers Chair Cecilia Rouse stated that Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell has been looking at data to understand the source of inflation, and “one of the things that we can see is a lot of it is due to the strong support we gave to households, so demand has been strong.”

Rouse said, [relevant remarks begin around 3:10] “I think Chair Powell is doing the right thing, which is he’s trying to understand what is the source of inflation. He’s actively monitoring the data. And one of the things that we can see is a lot of it is due to the strong support we gave to households, so demand has been strong. And households have shifted their demand. They’re buying in things instead of buying services and things go through ports. They have to be built, and that is causing the bottlenecks in the supply chain. So, Jerome Powell — Chair Powell is keeping his eye on those data, understands what the potential of the Fed is in potentially addressing that. We know that President Biden has got an aggressive agenda to increase capacity at the ports. So, this is to say that he is watching the data. And he — they’ve already signaled they’re going to start unwinding their support in the financial sector, and they’ve also signaled their willingness to increase interest rates when that becomes appropriate.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/11/22/w-h-council-of-economic-advisers-chair-a-lot-of-inflation-is-due-to-the-strong-support-we-gave-to-households/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

In other words:  a lot of the inflation is due to all the excess money we pumped into the system.

Duh.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

W.H. Council of Economic Advisers Chair: We Expect Inflation to ‘Break’ in ‘Second or Third Quarter’ of 2022

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/11/22/w-h-council-of-economic-advisers-chair-we-expect-inflation-to-break-in-second-or-third-quarter-of-2022/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It didn't take W.H. Council of Economic Advisers Chair long to take credit for inflation.  Biden and Psaki must love having to walk that back.

2nd or 3rd quarter 2022?  That's too late for the 2022 midterms.  Dumb academics.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

These are the same people that have been consistently wrong with their predictions when it comes to the economy. Earlier this year, they were claiming inflation didn’t exist and would never be a problem. Then “OK inflation exist but it’s transitory and it’ll  be minor.” Now it’s “we expected it”

Why are we to believe that they’ll be right this time?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy