Author Topic: Matthew McConaughey is frontrunner for Texas governor: Hollywood star is ahead of Greg Abbott by EIG  (Read 1233 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matthew McConaughey is frontrunner for Texas governor: Hollywood star is ahead of Greg Abbott by EIGHT points AND beats Beto O'Rourke two-to-one new poll finds

New poll finds McConaughey ahead in head-on matchups for Texas governor
    More prefer the actor in one-on-one comparisons with Abbott and O'Rourke
    But in a three-way race between them all, incumbent Abbott is preferred
    McConaughey has teased interest but it's unclear which party he'd run with

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com and Wires

Published: 00:27 EST, 22 November 2021 | Updated: 07:27 EST, 22 November 2021

A new poll suggests that actor Matthew McConaughey could defeat either incumbent Republican Greg Abbott or Democrat hopeful Beto O'Rourke in a race for the Texas governor's office.

The poll from the University of Texas and Dallas Morning News found that McConaughey is preferred in both one-on-one matchups, but that Abbott would win in a three-way race.

McConaughey, who lives in Austin, has teased a run for governor for months but has not said whether he would make one as a Republican or a Democrat.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10228821/Matthew-McConaughey-tops-polling-hypothetical-Texas-governor-races.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It is popularity poll.  He's only leading because he does Lincoln commercials.  Very bad commercials.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

It is popularity poll.  He's only leading because he does Lincoln commercials.  Very bad commercials.

Well, he did play a role in a rodeo movie.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, he did play a role in a rodeo movie.

Was that one named, "All hat. No Cattle"?

Offline DB

Dwain Johnson is talking about running for President...

No need for any actual accomplishments other than a giant ego with millions of fawning fans...

Offline EdinVA

McConaughey pay for the poll???

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

No need for any actual accomplishments other than a giant ego with millions of fawning fans...
Yeah well when he fawned over the dementia patient now in the White Sanitarium(proper appellation with him residing)he pretty well soured the good will of 50% of the country. At least he has been smart enough, as far as I know, to keep his mouth shut since then.

Offline berdie

LOL! Polls! :3:

A poll from UT and the DMN sure makes me take notice. :laugh:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I guess it is possible. His movie career seems stalled,he has a very likeable personality,and he has always been proud vocally of being from Texas.

Then again,I know NOTHING about his stands on any political position. He seems to be one of the rare few that has kept that to himself.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DB

Don't get too cocky. Remember,both Obomber and Slow Joe became Presidents.

Useful fools can rapidly become useful tools.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I guess it is possible. His movie career seems stalled,he has a very likeable personality,and he has always been proud vocally of being from Texas.

Then again,I know NOTHING about his stands on any political position. He seems to be one of the rare few that has kept that to himself.

He's a tried and true Austin type lefty from what I understand. Problem is, unlike Beto, we really don't have an idea how far left he swings.  You are right about his career stalling.  It seems he hit a brick wall in the mid 2010's after winning his Oscar.  Hawking Lincolns is not a good sign when 5 years earlier you were on top of the world.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He's a tried and true Austin type lefty from what I understand. Problem is, unlike Beto, we really don't have an idea how far left he swings.  You are right about his career stalling.  It seems he hit a brick wall in the mid 2010's after winning his Oscar.  Hawking Lincolns is not a good sign when 5 years earlier you were on top of the world.

@catfish1957

No kidding.

This MAY be good news for Texas IF he runs and wins,though. After all,he HAS to be resentful about not being able to get a movie gig after all those years of successful acting roles.

Offline mountaineer

My only question is which one - Robby O'Rourke or McConaughey - is the bigger pothead?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

My only question is which one - Robby O'Rourke or McConaughey - is the bigger pothead?

You spelled dickhead wrong.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

and the Lincoln Lawyer was a bad movie, too.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline AARguy

Abbott has the RECORD to run on! He brought the National Guard home from DC before Biden's crazy radical government released them! Abbott protected us from all the crazy left wing China Virus "mandates". He kept our schools open! Our stores! Ours beaches! Our restaurants! He signed "Constitutional Carry"! He's GREAT!

What has MC-what's his name ever DONE for Texas?

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Has he even formally declared that he's running?  If not then this poll is meaning less and just serves to try and divide the vote that would normally go to Abbott.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Matthew McConaughey is flirting with a run for governor. But his politics remain a mystery.

The actor hasn't voted in a primary since at least 2012 and has never donated to a Texas or federal campaign.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/15/matthew-mcconaughey-texas-governor/

Offline cato potatoe

Offline Absalom