Author Topic: Dear White People: We Need to Talk About the Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict  (Read 762 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dear White People: We Need to Talk About the Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict
By Scott Hounsell | Nov 21, 2021 8:30 AM ET

Dear Fellow White People,

It is I, your pasty prince and unofficial ambassador to the black community, Scott.

Man! Kyle Rittenhouse! What a verdict!  Not that any of us doubted this was coming, but it is just nice to see that the world hasn’t gone entirely crazy.  Certainly, we can all feel like there are concerns we can have regarding the events of that night in Kenosha, while still exhaling that collective sigh of relief that the jury did the right thing.

You can likely expect that many on the left will continue to cling to their failed narratives about what happened that night.  No, Kyle didn’t take a gun across state lines.  No, Kyle did not go there looking to kill anyone.  No, an AR-15 is not a “weapon of war.”  There are enough crap takes on this case to last us a lifetime.  If you’re expecting this piece to turn into some handholding kumbaya, it ain’t happening.  For those on the left who have made this into a bunch of things that it isn’t, let them have it. Let them know that their failed narrative has hurt a lot of people, including the very people they claim to be helping.  However, calling Rittenhouse a “white supremacist” or suggesting that this verdict had anything to do with race, is an absolute lie.  This verdict did not.  Certainly, this feels like justice to us, but we can understand why this may feel like an injustice to others.  As we watched the trial, we all knew this was going to be the result, but had Kyle been black and likely faced the challenges that young black men in our judicial system, first, he would have likely never raised the money to afford the defense he did, and second, never received the level of support from conservatives that he did.

Which is why I write this letter.  We need a little nuance in our approach to criminal justice that I don’t think we apply often enough.  While this verdict had nothing to do with race, many do. Our lack of support for victims of our “justice” system, makes us no better than those who perpetrated the action in the first place. Most of the time when a shooting occurs which attracts national attention, we all look to our corners to see how they are reacting before we decide how we may feel about it.  We need no reminding that we are told what to be outraged about by our media, and when we react the way we do, we need to be mindful of how much of that emotion and that reaction is manufactured by that media influence.  Take George Floyd for instance…  You can think whatever you want about Floyd.  He could be a drug addict and a crappy person all day long, and you can think he is a problematic poster child for the left’s crusade against police.  Those things, however, do not justify killing him.  Yes, I have heard the tired arguments about fentanyl in his system, and certainly, that may have been a contributing (or even a primary) factor that caused his death.  However, It is kind of hard to talk about that when there is a video of a police officer, stepping wildly outside protocol or necessity, to kneel on the neck of a man for more than eight and a half minutes.  In fact, most of you were more outraged about Colin Kaepernick kneeling for the National Anthem than you were about Derek Chauvin kneeling on the neck of George Floyd.  Had Chauvin followed policy and treated Floyd with professional respect, there’s no guarantee that Floyd would still be alive, but one thing is for certain: Chauvin would have never been suspected of killing him and the left wouldn’t have another log on their narrative fire.

more
https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2021/11/21/dear-white-people-we-need-to-talk-about-the-kyle-rittenhouse-verdict-n479104
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Dear White People: We Need to Talk About the Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 02:43:13 pm »
Talk about what?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 02:48:44 pm »
This guy can shove his condescending essay up his pasty white arse.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 03:15:03 pm »
Reading the entire article is always a good idea before commenting upon it.

I found it cogent, well-reasoned, thoughtful, and well-intended.

If conservatives are ever to reclaim our American culture and our freedom, we will need to convince a whole lot of black people that we are on their side, and that the Left has been using and abusing them for generations. This means not only exposing them to better ideas, but also recognizing that injustice does still sometimes exist in this great, but imperfect nation. 

The facts of the case and the law both dictated that Kyle Rittenhouse was not guilty, and that he must be allowed to leave the court, a free man.

But the facts of another case and the law applicable to it argued that George Floyd should still be alive, and that his killer be imprisoned.

There is justice in America, but the route that black people need to take to get it can frequently prove more circuitous than it ought to be.

This truth does not excuse the Left for their lies and their abuse of facts, logic and the law.

It simply means, as the author here argues, that we white folks might do well to listen to black folks who tend to live in places into which we do not venture, and to not dismiss their concerns out of hand.

That is also and always a good idea.   

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 03:26:39 pm »

If conservatives are ever to reclaim our American culture and our freedom, we will need to convince a whole lot of black people that we are on their side, and that the Left has been using and abusing them for generations. This means not only exposing them to better ideas, but also recognizing that injustice does still sometimes exist in this great, but imperfect nation. 

The facts of the case and the law both dictated that Kyle Rittenhouse was not guilty, and that he must be allowed to leave the court, a free man.

But the facts of another case and the law applicable to it argued that George Floyd should still be alive, and that his killer be imprisoned.

There is justice in America, but the route that black people need to take to get it can frequently prove more circuitous than it ought to be.

This truth does not excuse the Left for their lies and their abuse of facts, logic and the law.

It simply means, as the author here argues, that we white folks might do well to listen to black folks who tend to live in places into which we do not venture, and to not dismiss their concerns out of hand.

I read it. I reject the author's premise.

Facts are what they are. People of all ethnicities need to be treated as adults capable of cogent thought & capable of seeing the truth, if they resist that should be made their problem, not the nation at large. It's as simple as that.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 03:36:07 pm »

Facts are what they are. People of all ethnicities need to be treated as adults capable of cogent thought & capable of seeing the truth, if they resist that should be made their problem, not the nation at large. It's as simple as that.

That is all true, as far as it goes. But we do not live in a vacuum.

We are surrounded today by a truly vile culture, with the news media, entertainment industry and Washington D.C. swamp serving as the biggest polluters.

The only way that will ever change is by argumentation, persuasion and also by listening, in order to separate valid concerns from manufactured grievances.

America will not long survive if we are devolved into perpetually warring tribes.

As Conservatives, I believe we must maintain and defend our principles, but also seek out common ground to bring others over to our cause. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 03:44:11 pm »
That is all true, as far as it goes. But we do not live in a vacuum.

We are surrounded today by a truly vile culture, with the news media, entertainment industry and Washington D.C. swamp serving as the biggest polluters.

The only way that will ever change is by argumentation, persuasion and also by listening, in order to separate valid concerns from manufactured grievances.

America will not long survive if we are devolved into perpetually warring tribes.

As Conservatives, I believe we must maintain and defend our principles, but also seek out common ground to bring others over to our cause.
Of course I believe we should all seek common ground but I believe part of our problem today is we have been far too willing to indulge opinions resulting from the polluters to which you allude.

Which, IMO, several of which the writer of this essay also perpetuates.

Besides that I just found his tone patronizing. But thats just me.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 04:24:36 pm »
Typically liberal woke pansy. 

This whole damned thing was about the ability to defend one's self when attacked.  Nothing more....  nothing less.

Why do these dipshits self-importantize themselves into some kind of spokesman. You speak for maybe 10-15% of white people in this country.   STFU.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 11:53:16 pm »
Andy wrote:
"I found it cogent, well-reasoned, thoughtful, and well-intended.
If conservatives are ever to reclaim our American culture and our freedom, we will need to convince a whole lot of black people that we are on their side, and that the Left has been using and abusing them for generations. This means not only exposing them to better ideas, but also recognizing that injustice does still sometimes exist in this great, but imperfect nation."

Andy, although your reply above is "cogent, well-reasoned, thoughtful, and well-intended", it's completely oblivious to reality.

What has more than a century-and-a-half (post Civil War I) taught us about the likelihood of a multi-racial nation ever succeeding? For that matter, where else in the world, and at what point in history, has this ever happened?

After sixty years of "black cultural devolution" that began in the 1960's, how do you propose that "black culture" will ever be swung back to sanity?

Look at the continuing devolution of black behavior.
We just saw another example of where it's headed in Walnut Creek, California.

When do you predict that the majority of blacks will stop "acting black" and start "acting white" (because the traditional, historical culture OF America was... and remains... "white")?????
Do you think that will happen....?
Do you believe that it's even possible...?

We can continue to believe in Jefferson's noble platitude in The Declaration.
Or... we can face reality.

We must choose wisely, if traditional America is to survive.
Once the right choice is made, it's still going to be a "long struggle back".
But make the wrong choice, and there won't be any "goin' back".

I've made my choice.

Addendum:
In subsequent post, you wrote:
"America will not long survive if we are devolved into perpetually warring tribes"

Once again, "Fishrrman's dialectic":
You may not be interested in the politics of race and ethnicity.
But the politics of race and ethnicity are VERY MUCH "interested"... in YOU.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2021, 12:28:05 am »
Typically liberal woke pansy. 

This whole damned thing was about the ability to defend one's self when attacked.  Nothing more....  nothing less.

Why do these dipshits self-importantize themselves into some kind of spokesman. You speak for maybe 10-15% of white people in this country.   STFU.
There it is. Rights have no colors.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 12:38:09 am »
Ah yes, the Floyd case again. When I first heard/saw the Floyd story I thought it looked pretty bad for Chauvin. I'm still not sure he's not culpable (yeah I know...double negative).
But you simply can't get past Floyd's erratic behavior before Chauvin had his knee on his neck plus his terrible heart condition and body full of dangerous drugs.
And the first medical examiner (Hennepin County) stated that he saw no evidence of neck injuries that would have caused death. He later recanted. Does anyone else think that maybe pressure was applied to him to change his story?
And Chauvin's knee wasn't entirely on Floyd's neck the whole time. So color me highly doubtful that Chauvin should have been convicted of murder. Manslaughter at the worst.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 01:07:45 am »
This guy can shove his condescending essay up his pasty white arse.

Be aware that in most publications, the headlines are not written by the author of the piece.  Had the headline fit what is actually in the article, you probably wouldn't be sneering at the author's condescension. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 06:24:36 am »
[quote author=andy58-in-nh link=topic=454300.msg2533532#msg2533532 date=1637508967
[/quote]
---------------------------------
A demurral.
While noise makers repeat the label "Conservative" endlessly, it has become
a meaningless cliche' in these forums for an obvious reason.
They have but one addiction/interest and it is politics 24/7/365, forever.
Conservatism was birthed at the dawn of Man, thru Principles created by Ideas,
while politics is the horse manure of those obsessed by economic leverage
as the source of power and status!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2021, 06:35:16 am »

Disagree.  Nothing will change, with most.  I have watched this for 70 years.   AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, SCORES LOWERED, HEAD START, NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND, 7 TRILLION IN WELFARE.  FIRST CHOICE IN COLLEGES.  Never enough, never  enough.  Not about wanting to get along.  About wanting us to be slaves to them or dead.  I've seen BOTH IN WRITING. 

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 07:08:29 am »
The problem with his George Floyd narrative is that the officers were very respectful to him for longer than most people would have been. They told him they would sit with him in the car and unroll the window. Floyd was the one who fought and resisted ever effort to get him in the car. When they finally got him in the car he fought sitting up so they could strap his seat belt and they could not leave him in the car or transport him without the seat belt. They finally let him lay on the ground like he asked to do and after that they wouldn’t let him control the situation any more. They called an ambulance and confusion between dispatch and the ambulance drivers caused the delay in medical help. Like many people this guy doesn’t even know the facts of the case. People don’t know the facts of the Jacob Blake case or Rittenhouse case, but give us their feelings about it any way.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2021, 07:16:07 am »
The problem with his George Floyd narrative is that the officers were very respectful to him for longer than most people would have been. They told him they would sit with him in the car and unroll the window. Floyd was the one who fought and resisted ever effort to get him in the car. When they finally got him in the car he fought sitting up so they could strap his seat belt and they could not leave him in the car or transport him without the seat belt. They finally let him lay on the ground like he asked to do and after that they wouldn’t let him control the situation any more. They called an ambulance and confusion between dispatch and the ambulance drivers caused the delay in medical help. Like many people this guy doesn’t even know the facts of the case. People don’t know the facts of the Jacob Blake case or Rittenhouse case, but give us their feelings about it any way.

So correct!  I love truth tellers.    888high58888  :patriot: :patriot:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 12:44:41 pm »
He may have a point in that we allow ourselves to form "teams" where none should exist.  However, this seems to be the only effective way to resist a lynch mob.  He needs to approach the left first.  Without their extreme overreaction, you would have seen more sympathy for George Floyd from across the spectrum. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 12:45:58 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2021, 03:22:07 pm »
After sixty years of "black cultural devolution" that began in the 1960's, how do you propose that "black culture" will ever be swung back to sanity?

Look at the continuing devolution of black behavior.
We just saw another example of where it's headed in Walnut Creek, California.

When do you predict that the majority of blacks will stop "acting black" and start "acting white" (because the traditional, historical culture OF America was... and remains... "white")?????
Do you think that will happen....?
Do you believe that it's even possible...?

What I believe that you (and others) here are missing is that ours is a political and cultural problem, NOT a racial issue.

The entire concept of "acting white" (or "acting black") is an evil absurdity created by Progressive racial determinists.

Most black people that I know and have known, do not buy into this nonsense in the same way that radical activists - including those in the news media - and academics do.

America has succeeded in spite of the fact that its citizens have long come from different places, cultures, backgrounds, and religious faiths.

You know the reason - because the value and honor of being an American always trumped everything else.

For most of us at least, it still does.

And it had better, because the alternative looks like Bosnia - ethnic and religious hatreds boiling over until Hell follows.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2021, 03:28:36 pm »

@andy58-in-nh

You do make some valid points,but nothing you wrote elevates George Floyd above the level of semi-human turd.

And that has NOTHING to do with his skin color and everything to do with his total lack of character.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2021, 03:37:23 pm »
Why are pundits and opinion writers afraid to tell their black and/or woke counterparts that this personally concerns them in one way, and one way only:  Our natural right to self defense has been upheld in a US court of law.  We should all be celebrating this outcome.

Here's what happened in Kenosha: A Hispanic kid at the owner's request ---- an immigrant from India ---- is guarding a private business establishment during a riot when he is chased, attacked and shot at to within an inch of his life by multiple white assailants.

Let's talk about this:  How the hell do black pundits "get" blacks are now at greater risk ----- and white woke pundits "get" whites must now do better with and for blacks?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2021, 08:39:12 pm »
A reflection on racial contrasts.
The Middle East produced the earliest structured cultures/societies, among them Akkad of Sargon,
Babylon of Hammurabi and Egypt of Imhotep, followed by Greece, Carthage and Rome.
Their massive shoulders allow us moderns to see as far as we do.
Consequently, White Europe created Civilization due to their embrace of Ideas having nothing to do w/Skin Color.
So how did the rest of the world develop???
Africa embraced and remains Tribal to this moment and this mentality is reflected in the attitude and behavior
of the American Negro where Groups predictably direct the Individual.
North and South America were also Tribal, the latter strongly influenced by religious cults such as Aztec, Inca and Maya.
What about the yellow race of Asians? Again, Tribalism and the Top-Down Rule of Emperors, while controlling, needs
to be understood in context.
China flourished for some 5,000 years because of its embrace of the spiritual in Buddhism and Taoism producing
major breakthroughs in Art & Science. Additionally, Hinduism strongly advanced the culture/society of India.
Creativity inspires ideas while skin color identifies race and nothing more.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2021, 12:23:41 am »
@andy58-in-nh

You do make some valid points,but nothing you wrote elevates George Floyd above the level of semi-human turd.

And that has NOTHING to do with his skin color and everything to do with his total lack of character.

Thanks - I hope you are recovering well, Pete - prayed for you a couple of times there. 

I have to believe that Floyd didn't deserve to die just because he was stoned out of his head and because a police officer who was trained to know better made a bad decision and voluntarily ignored the consequences of his own actions, even when a man was dying right there in front of him. 

The skin colors could easily have been reversed, and the same would be true. Except... yeah, I know: a black cop would never have been prosecuted for causing the death of a white perp. That's what rotten politics and a sick culture can do to an otherwise civil society: eat at its foundations like termites.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2021, 12:44:33 am »
Be aware that in most publications, the headlines are not written by the author of the piece.  Had the headline fit what is actually in the article, you probably wouldn't be sneering at the author's condescension.
The implication being, of course, I didn't read the article. I did, I'm still sneering at his condescension as I'm sneering at your's.