Author Topic: The Facts: Reporters Exploit Normal Weather To Fan Climate Fear  (Read 93 times)

rangerrebew

The Facts: Reporters Exploit Normal Weather To Fan Climate Fear

Guest Blogger
110 Comments   

By Vijay Jayaraj

Exaggeration of weather events to sell climate crisis is not something new. In the case of a Sky News account of flooding in one Indian city, my own observations — backed up by independent data — are absolutely contrary to the news report.

Chennai — my home state’s capital, formerly known as Madras — is prone to floods, whose severity I’ve personally witnessed. In fact, the last time Chennai was flooded, I narrowly escaped by fleeing the city at the last hour. But, for me, that trauma does not make any more reasonable the media’s melodrama about climate’s role in floods.

The city is prone to yearly deluges from the strong Northeast Monsoon system during the months of October – January. This, coupled with poor planning and destruction of natural waterways, has led to an urban nightmare of flooding as a common event.

However, Sky News’ international Twitter report did not let the facts get in the way of its climate narrative. Standing in knee-high water, the reporter said, “We know that as a result of our warming planet, we are going to see more radical and frequent shifts in extreme weather – extreme heat to extreme rain.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/11/17/the-facts-reporters-exploit-normal-weather-to-fan-climate-fear/