Author Topic: Georgia Democrats run out of luck…  (Read 728 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Georgia Democrats run out of luck…
« on: November 19, 2021, 01:57:54 pm »
Citizen Free Press 11/18/2021

Redistricting squeezes 2 Democrats in Georgia

Republicans introduced a congressional map that could result in a member-vs.-member primary between Democratic Reps. Lucy McBath and Carolyn Bourdeaux.

The moment that Georgia Democrats have dreaded all year is finally here.

The state legislature revealed a new congressional map on Wednesday, leaving only a single district for both of the delegation’s Democrat rising stars.

More: https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/georgia-democrats-are-shit-out-of-luck/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Georgia Democrats run out of luck…
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 01:58:25 pm »
Good start.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 03:59:19 pm »
McBath is my Rep.  She lives in Tennessee.

Typical GOP swamp.  This redistricting proposal is not a good idea.  Both districts are easily winnable by the GOP.  They simply haven't willing to fight for them.  With this redistricting, they are basically handing one district over to the Dems so that they won't have to work towards keeping the other.  In my district (6th), the GOPe has handpicked their candidate to anoint with this new safe seat.  I will be going door to door to see that their handpicked candidate loses in the primary.

Another bad thing the GOP here is doing is that they are trying to push Marjorie Taylor-Greene out of her seat because she won't fall in line with the GOPe.

A friend of mine is challenging Hank 'Guam will tip over' Johnson in District 4.  She will need lots of support, but I really think she can pull it off.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 05:37:55 pm »
Typical GOP swamp.  This redistricting proposal is not a good idea.  Both districts are easily winnable by the GOP.  They simply haven't willing to fight for them.  With this redistricting, they are basically handing one district over to the Dems so that they won't have to work towards keeping the other.  In my district (6th), the GOPe has handpicked their candidate to anoint with this new safe seat.  I will be going door to door to see that their handpicked candidate loses in the primary.

They were winnable, but not with foot-in-mouth Trump on or near the ticket.  McBath won the 6th by 9 points.  This, after Tom Price carried it by overwhelming margins.  Same for Rob Woodall in the 7th district.  A new map at least guarantees the party of a split if Trump sucks them into a vortex through 2028 (which seems likely).

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 06:08:37 pm »
They were winnable, but not with foot-in-mouth Trump on or near the ticket.

It was having Karen Handel on the ticket that lost - not Donald Trump.  Handel is the epitome of Georgia GOPe laziness and arrogance.  Seriously, it took $50 million of outside money for her to beat John Ossoff (who doesn't even live in the district).  And now she has lost twice to MacBath, who not only doesn't live in the district, she doesn't even live in the State.

And then of course there are the 60k illegal ballots that were cast in Fulton County alone.  Is Trump to blame for those, too?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 09:10:35 pm »
McBath is my Rep.  She lives in Tennessee.

Another bad thing the GOP here is doing is that they are trying to push Marjorie Taylor-Greene out of her seat because she won't fall in line with the GOPe.

A friend of mine is challenging Hank 'Guam will tip over' Johnson in District 4.  She will need lots of support, but I really think she can pull it off.
MTG is a thorn in the GOPe's side because she calls 'em as she sees 'em, and that shows up anyone who won't.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 10:05:42 pm »
The Massachusetts Dem legislature will draw a map that protects its own.

Gerrymandering happens in both Dem and GOP states.  That's what happens when you put the political process in the hand of other politicians.

How Gerrymandering Began in the US
Long before it got its name, Gerrymandering was already happening in the United States.
By Becky Little

https://www.history.com/news/gerrymandering-origins-voting

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 12:39:02 pm »
They were winnable, but not with foot-in-mouth Trump on or near the ticket.  McBath won the 6th by 9 points.  This, after Tom Price carried it by overwhelming margins.  Same for Rob Woodall in the 7th district.  A new map at least guarantees the party of a split if Trump sucks them into a vortex through 2028 (which seems likely).

@cato potatoe

Yeah,everything is Trump's fault,huh?

You should charge him rent for living in your head 24/7.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 04:22:42 pm »
Yeah,everything is Trump's fault,huh?

Nothing is Trump's fault, and nothing ever has been.  When he loses to Gavin Newsom, that won't be his fault either.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2021, 05:31:03 pm »
Nothing is Trump's fault, and nothing ever has been.  When he loses to Gavin Newsom, that won't be his fault either.

What has that got to do with Karen Handel being a despicable candidate or that tens of thousands of illegal ballots were cast in Fulton County?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2021, 09:02:14 pm »
What has that got to do with Karen Handel being a despicable candidate or that tens of thousands of illegal ballots were cast in Fulton County?

It's best to steer clear of unverified conspiracies.  Trump was a disaster all over the Atlanta metro, and Fulton has more than its share of wealthy and educated voters at the north end.  Handel was a generic candidate, dragged under in a pair of wave elections.  Same thing happened in the 7th.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 10:57:38 pm »
It's best to steer clear of unverified conspiracies.  Trump was a disaster all over the Atlanta metro, and Fulton has more than its share of wealthy and educated voters at the north end.  Handel was a generic candidate, dragged under in a pair of wave elections.  Same thing happened in the 7th.
How about verified conspiracies?
Can we play with those?

Actually, no conspiracy is verified until the evidence is presented in a court of law and acted upon.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2021, 11:25:33 pm »
It's best to steer clear of unverified conspiracies.

Verified fact.  Fulton County double-counted ballots, counted photocopies of ballots, counted ballots without creases, counted ballots with no chain of custody, counted mail-in ballots with no signatures, and counted ballots turned in after election day.  Fact, fact, fact, fact, fact, fact.  All verified.

Trump was a disaster all over the Atlanta metro, and Fulton has more than its share of wealthy and educated voters at the north end.

Trump's numbers increased significantly in Atlanta metro and Fulton from over his 2016 numbers.  Fact.

Handel was a generic candidate, dragged under in a pair of wave elections.  Same thing happened in the 7th.

Handel had been involved with GOP politics in Georgia since the 1980s.  She is a former Fulton County Commission Chair and former Gubernatorial candidate.  To describe her as a generic candidate proves that you know absolutely nothing about Fulton County politics.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2021, 11:34:42 pm »
Actually, no conspiracy is verified until the evidence is presented in a court of law and acted upon.

It doesn't take a court of law.  Missing chain of custody documentation already proved.  Double-counting of ballots caught on video.  Ballot harvesting caught on video.  Missing absentee signatures confirmed by election officials, sworn under oath.  Creaseless ballots confirmed by dozens of observers during recount process (including myself in Cobb).  Ballots accepted after election day publicly admitted by Fulton County election board.  And excess absentee drop box locations set up throughout the county in violation of State law, also verified by Fulton County.  Not just verified.  They advertised it as if they were proud of it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2021, 11:41:35 pm »
More on Handel.  My next door neighbor ran a small printing business that would get orders for printing flyers during election seasons.  One year, Handel ordered a bunch of flyers from them and then didn't pay the bill.  Months later, my neighbor got her cell phone and called her to confront her.  She happened to be on the golf course when he reached her.  She finally paid up, but it took a lot of threats.

As my Rep, she was never responsive to the people of this district.  (Neither was Price).  In her last two campaigns, she did nothing to win, other than sending out flyers.  She is lazy, arrogant, and a GOP establishment POS who thinks that the seat should be hers by right as if she is some party vassal.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2021, 04:15:56 pm »
Here come the fraud allegations that went nowhere with Republican officials in state after state, or in federal courts led by conservatives.  Because of a grand conspiracy, of course.  Karen Handel outperformed Trump in her district, and you claim she was a weak candidate.  Well, what does that make Trump, besides a drag on the ticket, as he was elsewhere?  Willard carried her district by 23 points.  Same set of facts in the 7th.  Seven million vote gap nationwide --- worse than 2012 --- carnage in the suburbs --- but Trump claims a landslide victory, so it must be true?  It's time to let go of this fantasy.  Trump will be 78 and senile, just like Biden.

Your point about increased raw votes is irrelevant, as I have mentioned before.  An effective candidate will suppress turnout for the opponent.  Trump inspired a massive turnout for Biden.  People are allowed to vote for Joe Biden if they stayed home for Hillary Clinton.  You will find that to be entirely within their rights.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2021, 10:04:59 pm »
Here come the fraud allegations that went nowhere with Republican officials in state after state, or in federal courts led by conservatives.

Not sure about the Conservatives, but the Republican Party here in Georgia was complicit in the fraud, as has been documented here countless times already.

Because of a grand conspiracy, of course.

In Georgia, it is simply a matter of greed and power.  Some politicians are willing to let anything slide when it comes to Facebook money.

Karen Handel outperformed Trump in her district, and you claim she was a weak candidate.

How many 6th district votes did Trump get?  Can't find that number anywhere.  But Handel is a weak candidate.  She doesn't campaign.

Well, what does that make Trump, besides a drag on the ticket, as he was elsewhere?  Willard carried her district by 23 points.

Cruz carried the 2016 primary here as well.  This was never a Trump district.  But it was never a Biden or Clinton one either.

Seven million vote gap nationwide --- worse than 2012 --- carnage in the suburbs --- but Trump claims a landslide victory, so it must be true?

Trump's claims of a landslide have absolutely nothing to do with what happened on the ground here.  There was fraud and illegality.  There was lots of it.  And anyone taking a stand against it incurs the wrath of the State GOP.  Corrupt to the core.

This is about corruption, pure and simple.  And I am sick and tired of hearing people blame Trump while totally dismissing what happened here.  Elections should be fair and open.  And we shouldn't be turning a blind eye to fraud while blaming our own candidate for his inability to overcome it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 03:22:14 am »
It doesn't take a court of law.  Missing chain of custody documentation already proved.  Double-counting of ballots caught on video.  Ballot harvesting caught on video.  Missing absentee signatures confirmed by election officials, sworn under oath.  Creaseless ballots confirmed by dozens of observers during recount process (including myself in Cobb).  Ballots accepted after election day publicly admitted by Fulton County election board.  And excess absentee drop box locations set up throughout the county in violation of State law, also verified by Fulton County.  Not just verified.  They advertised it as if they were proud of it.
I stand corrected.  :laugh:

Unfortunately, "officially" it does not exist until we can get the bastards up on criminal charges.

C S Lewis